Talking to players

LeeWHU888

Can there be an option to talk to players about promises?

I promised a player that I would loan him out to get him 1st team football because I couldn't start him, as his natural position of an AM, was 1 that I didn't operate with. Although he could play on the RW or in CM, he was no where near as good as the players I had in them positions so he became a squad player and was getting unhappy with the lack of football. After a few weeks of rejecting bids from teams at a level I didn't think he'd benefit from, I decided that I'd opt for a new formation, that change meant that I was now going to be playing with an AM and thus, the player in question, as my best option in that role, would now be starting most games and playing week in week out. 

Anyway, I've only played 1 game with him and 3 days after that game, I got a news feed saying he was unhappy about my promise of loaning him out not being kept, got the hump and his morale has dropped, once I said in the press that I was going to "appease the situation with a solution to suit everyone", it came through in the news that after seeing that, he was "expecting to start more games". 

Can't there be a feature where I can go to the player or his agent and say, "look, I know I promised to loan you out to get more football but the situation has changed here and you're going to be a regular feature in my team" The player can then decide if he wants to go out on loan or to stay, if he stays, the promise changes to "expecting to play more games" and the time limit to fulfill the promise resets back to the start.

• 1 year later...

Archived