Save game lost!

Evening all,

Hopefully someone is able to help me...

We had a powercut at home and my computer cut out whilst playing FM. When loading back up it ran through all the disk checks etc. Now when loading FM my game will not load. The preview pane in the load game screen is blank and just says Save Game Preview and then when I hit load I get a message saying the Save Game could not be loaded.

I was halfway through the 15th season and really into the save I had going so if anyone can help restore/salvage the game I had going it would be massively appreciated!

Any power cut while the game is running or saving will have corrupted that save and it will be unrecoverable I'm afraid.  By all means try the tips in the link that CFuller has mentioned, but it is likely that you will need to go back to the last backup.  I always suggest that users use the rolling 3 game autosave and set it to weekly and you will always have at least 2 recent backups, should there be any future issues.

Thanks guys, have run a recovery program now but it says the file can't be found on the disk, serves me right for only using 1 file with my weekly autosave, genuinely gutted, best game of FM i've had in ages

1 hour ago, rah1991 said:

Thanks guys, have run a recovery program now but it says the file can't be found on the disk, serves me right for only using 1 file with my weekly autosave, genuinely gutted, best game of FM i've had in ages

If its any consolation, there won't be many users on here who haven't lost a save for one reason or another without having a recent backup, but we all live and learn.

Archived