Pre-season tour news items

Joethe147

I don't know if others do tours in pre-season when setting up their own schedules, but there's little if anything to differentiate it from just doing normal, separate friendlies. Nothing in your inbox that helps you see how the team was received by the fans. When I lived in Ireland, Real Madrid played a game against a League Of Ireland XI which had a lot of attention.

If a club goes somewhere where they have a following, like Man United in China, the news item could say the team was received warmly and shirt sales have increased. A team going somewhere new to them could say how the side are unknown but hope to gain a reputation in the nation.

It would give a very small but nontheless extra incentive to do a tour.

ike Man United in China, the news item could say the team was received warmly and shirt sales have increased. 

This is already in the game somewhat, it comes at the end of the season with the financial report, especially around shirt sales; In my save it stated "An increase in shirt sales, in particular in the United States where we had a successful tour this season."

• 5 months later...

Archived