Interview Gripes

tomzo_2

I'm currently doing a Journeyman save and have just resigned from OM after just over half a season after a bit of frustration with the board not making changes to finance even though they are wealthy. I took over when they were 16th in November and finished 8th and won the cup for the first time in 30 years.

I have a little gripe where I have applied for two jobs both below OM's reputation where the clubs have suggested I underperformed in my previous job and nowhere for me to challenge this point. When I took over there was a 15 point gap to the top 6 which I was unlikely to catch so ensured that the cup was my focus hence qualifying for the Europa league which was the boards target. But to then be told by 2 clubs who have never won anything that I underperformed I find a little frustrating. I have in my current history 3 promotions and a cup win over the past 6 seasons. So am not doing badly.

Other points in the job interview process that annoy me is I get quizzed on that I'm in for numerous jobs at this point. Of course I am I'm unemployed.

Another point is that if I was to take on the role what changes would I want in place for staff. This I feel needs more flexibility as I would like the option to be told that I'm allowed 20 members of staff and I can structure them how I see fit, not you can have 4 first team coaches etc.

• 5 months later...

Archived