Data updates apply to previous databases

BanOly

In short, this means that all data that changes for 18.2, 18.3 etc. also applies to 18.1, excluding personnel transfers of course.

The longer version, scrap the whole 18.1/2/3 stuff. Have a central database where you apply all the data changes i.e. updating a player's attributes, their recently-confirmed nationality or national team representation. This central database is loaded upon game startup, and THEN you load either the Summer 2017 database with the players and staff at their respective clubs, or the Winter 2018 database with the player and staff transfers made in the Winter transfer windows added to the game.

It can't be that difficult to implement, although I could be wrong. It's not a massive change but for some of us it could have a lot of benefits. Some of us want to play the default database to enjoy the game as it began, with the players each club began with. But some players' data hasn't been updated. One example I have myself is with Leverkusen, I wan to start at the beginning of the season without the January transfers applied, work up to January and sign Leon Bailey myself. But in the default database, his stats are massively worse than in the 17.3 update.

Anyway, let me know what you think, I value all feedback :)

• 5 months later...

Archived