Condition - Do you play "Tired" players?

For years, my policy for picking my team for a match has been to avoid choosing players who are "Tired", i.e. Condition below 90.

I'm currently playing FM17 (Touch), and The AI seem to have little qualms about starting tired players. Often, I see little change in the player's performance.

What are your preferences when you select your team? Do you play Tired players?

More often in LL as not much cover, but if a key player I still use them when not fully recovered from injury.

Had such a good season with WH the team were tired for Final, but still good outcome.

5956ce788e538_588a39fd48351_WestHamvArsenal_OverviewOverview.png.c1bb2f4698bd16827c8f3a3c62f7b2e5-Copy(2).thumb.png.e08363f24132c86a4de94dc7ff7040a5.png

4 hours ago, dejarik said:

For years, my policy for picking my team for a match has been to avoid choosing players who are "Tired", i.e. Condition below 90.

I'm currently playing FM17 (Touch), and The AI seem to have little qualms about starting tired players. Often, I see little change in the player's performance.

What are your preferences when you select your team? Do you play Tired players?

I just give my players a day (or very rarely two) of rest, and I don't have the issue. Having your players more rested than the AI is a pretty common advantage, especially if you rest them as necessary.

Performance is only affected below 65% (or was it 60%?) so 90 or 80 is perfectly fine, as long as you keep in mind they may not be able to play a full game. The assistant gives this advice every match.

6 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

Performance is only affected below 65% (or was it 60%?) so 90 or 80 is perfectly fine, as long as you keep in mind they may not be able to play a full game. The assistant gives this advice every match.

If you're a very experienced player and always play the FULL match like I do, you might agree with me that the performance drops happen well before the 60 to 65% figure. 

Once they hit below 80, you'd start noticing small things... Passes start going awry (not every one, just a few that a good passer won't usually miss), he'll become just that little bit slower to get to that ball, and mistakes start creeping in. 

The only way to notice these is if you play the match in FULL though, and if you keep a keen eye out for them. 

Personally, once they go below 78%, I sub them off unless I can't (especially those playing in the center of the pitch who did not have a knock or anything of the sort earlier); and I don't like starting anyone below 92% except in dire injury situations.

3 minutes ago, samuelawachie said:

If you're a very experienced player and always play the FULL match like I do, you might agree with me that the performance drops happen well before the 60 to 65% figure. 

Once they hit below 80, you'd start noticing small things... Passes start going awry (not every one, just a few that a good passer won't usually miss), he'll become just that little bit slower to get to that ball, and mistakes start creeping in. 

The only way to notice these is if you play the match in FULL though, and if you keep a keen eye out for them. 

Personally, once they go below 78%, I sub them off unless I can't (especially those playing in the center of the pitch who did not have a knock or anything of the sort earlier); and I don't like starting anyone below 92% except in dire injury situations.

It's either in your mind or a player having an off day/time though. In their 70s, they're definitely still okay.

For me the cut off is 90% to start and below 70% for substitutions. 

Match sharpness is very important, I'd hazard a guess that it effects the speed condition drops also actual performance definately suffers from the off.

Archived