ME improvements

Preveza

This is of course the main attraction of FM. The nuts and bolts of this legendary game.

I would like to see a more robust, eccentric in a way, Match Engine. Current ME is way too rigid IMHO.

I can't successfully play AMR/L due to the fact they do not track back well enough and are not good enough in defensive transition. I do hope FM18 changes all this. I want to tell my AMR/L to push back when we lose the ball and help my full backs. Of course work rate, stamina will play a role in this, but in most cases, I want this instruction to show in game. I am having to play a flat midfield combo atm, as I find ML/R are much better defensively due to their position in the pre match tactic. 442, 4141 for example. This needs to change. We need more flexibility in this area.

Seeing my AMR/L sitting there while the opposition is passing the ball around is frustrating to say the least. They have nearly no impact in defence. Hence why too many crosses are able to be put into the box.

This is my main complaint from this years ME.

Other notes and areas which could improve:

- More GK animations.

- Better passing/crossing/shooting animations

- Better looking nets and net physics

- MATCH SOUNDS is crucial

I just posted about this in reply to a similar comment you made in a different thread found here https://community.sigames.com/topic/403928-tactically-clueless/#comment-10852707.

As you can see from the pictures I posted, AML/R - even with an attack duty - can indeed track back.  If you are having problems, head over to the Tactics forum, create a new thread with all the appropriate detail and I'm sure someone will be able to get you on the right track.

I'll also ask what your own expectations are - do you expect AML/R to always track back, regardless of who the player is, match conditions and tactical set up?  If so then that isn't very realistic, that doesn't happen in real life.  I'd expect (and see) AML/R tracking back regularly, more so in circumstances that encourage such behaviour, but always expecting them to regardless is a bit of a stretch.

TL;DR, your chosen combination of tactical settings along with the player(s) in question attributes (eg., work rate, determination) are important, although I've even seen CR7 deep in his own half !

33 minutes ago, herne79 said:

even with an attack duty - can indeed track back

So can you make the, track back consistently by giving them instructions? The answer is no and that is the problem the op (and me as well) have. 

10 minutes ago, Scrench said:

So can you make the, track back consistently by giving them instructions? The answer is no and that is the problem the op (and me as well) have. 

You should read the rest of Herne's post. He specifically covers this in the next paragraph.

They do track back, but they leave way too much space for the opposition full backs and wingers to operate behind. There is little compactness. This is my main gripe. I do agree though that roles and duties play a role, most definitely, but their influence on defence is not as realistic as I would like and I am sure hundreds of others agree

On 7/2/2017 at 15:48, Preveza said:

They do track back, but they leave way too much space for the opposition full backs and wingers to operate behind. There is little compactness. This is my main gripe. I do agree though that roles and duties play a role, most definitely, but their influence on defence is not as realistic as I would like and I am sure hundreds of others agree

Of course there's a gap. The gap is evident on the formation screen already - the formation screen which is your defensive shape. If you wanted something compact, you should select something more compact, like a ML/MR.

• 5 months later...

Archived