Add some depth...

Monogamy

Hello, I'm new to these forums (only just registered a few minutes ago) although I have been playing Football Manager since it was on the old Xbox back in 2002. I get it every year and like most of you, the game is an integral part of my gaming life!

With regards to the title, I understand that the game has plenty of 'tactical' depth. Please don't misunderstand this thread. If you would be so kind as to allow me a moment to elaborate...

I'm currently managing Heart of Midlothian in the Scottish Ladbrokes Premiership. God knows why (I'm an avid Liverpool supporter but I make it a divine law never to manage them, preferring instead to see how they fare alone) but I always choose Hearts on every years new addition. I've started a new game and I'm in my fourth year, years 1 & 2 were quite challenging, Celtic is by far the most prolific Scottish team and overcoming them is a fantastic achievement. After consolidating myself, in year 3 I won the title and the Scottish cup, for the past four years I have consistently reached the knockout stages of the ECC and the EC before that, Taking Scotland's coefficients by the scruff of the neck and elevating them.

Before, one team qualified for the ECC and two for the EC. Now, after my hard work, there are two for the ECC and three for the EC. However, unlike in real life, where pundits analyse coefficients and how teams have fared and how the success of one manager & team can be beneficial for the nation, nothing like that is implemented into this game.

I'd like some real depth added to the game, while tactically it is fantastic, deserving of plaudits, when it comes to you, yourself as a manager, you often times feel pretty under-appreciated. 

Another thing, while we're at it, that terribly frustrates me, is when a player comes to you with a concern like say for example; being left out of your ECC squad. They ask you why they were left out, and you tell them; case closed right? No... They ask you EVERY GOD DAMN TIME you have to register a squad for the ECC. Literally, telling them once should be enough.

Thanks for listening anyway guys, if this has been posted before, I'm sorry, I didn't notice.

• 5 months later...

Archived