[Suggestion] Allow seeing opposition roles

craiigman

So SI use this to help debug the game from what I can tell, and sometimes gets left in code when some of the early youtubers get their hands on the game. It's then disabled when the game is shipped, and then it takes talented skin makers to enable it again. I am currently trying my best to be able to add this to a default skin, but struggling at the moment.

I do however think it should just be a tick box like "show in-game editor" and "hide attributes" etc. Honestly found it so helpful to understand what was going on and why when I knew the opposition roles. The option to enable this, easily, would be a good addition. Yes it's not realistic and it's "cheating" but we all play the game differently.

Nice idea, maybe have it as an in-game option so as people become more confident with match tactics they can turn it off rather than starting a new game=, being able to toggle attribute masking within a save could also be considered at the same time.

Maybe I'm using my scouts not properly, but I feel there is a lot more information that we could get about the opposition then we get now. IRL you also know if the AMR you are facing will play as a winger or inside forward, if they sit back and look to counter of press high up with slow passing. I miss that in the current version. 

I agree, I think allowing people to see the roles/duties would be a good way for them to learn what certain role combinations can look like. It should be an option though cos it would make the game easier for a lot of people.

As I try to play the game as realistic as possible, I wouldn't use this feature anyway and I'm not sure whether making the game easier is the right way.

• 4 months later...

Archived