FM17 EDITOR ERROR: League has not finished in time for the season update day 1/1/2017

mistrinho7

Hello. I've been using the FM pre-game editor with nation rules (advanced) since the 2012 version and I have always used it to tweek and edit Croatian leagues. And this is the first time this error showed to me, in the previous editor everything was excellent. Note: I only used the editor to edit to things: 
1) How many MAX. foreign players are allowed in the match day squad
2) I added some bonuses for finishing from the 1st to last place.
That is the all changes I made. 

So the Editor successfully verifies the first year, but when it needs to start verifiyng the 2017 year, it shows me this message. I read about this problem on the forums here and I figure it is something with the relegation playoffs (9th team from PRVA HRVATSKA NOGOMETNA LIGA and 2nd team from DRUGA HRVATSKA NOGOMETNA LIGA), but when I removed the relegation playoff and put only 1 team to be relegated and 1 promoted (10th from 1st division and 1st from 2nd division), I still got the error.

I just finished my student exams and I'm tired really, and also my hometown of Osijek, Croatia is playing today it's first Europa League qualifier in almost 5 years, so I'm off to some heavy drinking xD

So here is my editor file and the print screen of the error, and any help resolving it would be much appreciated. Thank you. Cheers
J

https://www.mediafire.com/?uugb2pcf3m5mq1u

M7_73AB56CB-4B93-4803-9BF6-2BDB196974CE.fmf

Untitled.png

• 1 month later...

Bumping because I've got the same issue with a Spanish league set up that I'm trying to create.

The league I'm having trouble with is my second division, which consists of 240 teams.

In the first stage (set for between August & March), the teams are split in to 8 groups of 30 and they play each team once. Then for the second stage I want the top 4 teams in each group to go in to knockout rounds - set between March & May. I've got the Season Update day set as 20/06/2017.

When I try to verify the leagues, I get the "[League] has not finished in time for the season update day 19/6/2017". I've checked the dates and they seem to be fine, and I've even tried changing the dates to the actual years and not base them of 2000 as default as that's fixed issues before, but no luck. Despite the fact that everything should finished way before the update day.

I've also tried adjusting the dates of the two periods and I even worked out the best time of the year to go from stage 1 to stage 2, based on the number of games in each stage (29 & 9). I've also tried changing each of the cup stage's so none of them are at the National stadium, just in case there was a conflict with a another match at the same stadium.

Any help would definitely be appreciated :)

I think this may be a bug in the editor as although I did find some issues that I had with some dates, it didn't fix the issue and the error message still came up. But I've now resolved the issue by simply deleting the second stage and recreating it with the same settings.

there was a sticky here with the workaround I posted on it dont know why its been removed

when you edit especially advanced rules it sometimes defaults to that 1/1/17

just change that date here you want to put something that suites the nation you are editing(check default date before you convert rules)

8b0eceab4a05c18cabdd8aba58f446a6.png

• 1 month later...
On 9/2/2017 at 06:10, kingrobbo said:

there was a sticky here with the workaround I posted on it dont know why its been removed

when you edit especially advanced rules it sometimes defaults to that 1/1/17

just change that date here you want to put something that suites the nation you are editing(check default date before you convert rules)

8b0eceab4a05c18cabdd8aba58f446a6.png

Thank you very much! This has fixed the problem for me. For future viewers, the correct date for Germany is June 20th.

Archived