[SUGGESTION] Selling Team Wage Contribution

Black and Yellow

Hi,

This may just be me being silly, but for the life of me I can't find a way of telling potential buyers that I do not wish to pay any of an outgoing player's wages. If I offer a player out for transfer, teams often (not all the time, granted) come back with this clause inserted. I remove it, but again their return offer includes it. To try and get around this, I have had to reduce the amount that I will pay right down. A couple of examples being:

- As Aberdeen, I agreed to pay £1 of Jayden Stockley's wages in order for him to transfer to St Johnstone. They were insistent on this clause being in. 

- Another game, I agreed to pay £50 of Oussama Assaidi's wages for him to move. Again, they were insistent, but it just seems rather...pointless.

It wouldn't let me offer £0 per week, and I couldn't find a way of negotiating with that clause not being an option, if that makes sense? 

An option to either put this at £0, or adjust it so it can be locked in that the selling club don't want to pay any wages, would be a simple but swift tweak for FM18.

Of course if there already is a way of doing this and I am being daft then please let me know! 

Using the remove and exclude option in the dropdown should stop them from adding the clause back in (you should also be able to add the wage contribution clause and then use the remove and exclude option in the transfer panel before offering players out that should stop teams from including the option in the first place).

Though bare in mind if they are asking for a wage contribution then they might not be able to afford the players wage demands so the transfer might fall through, though not likely in your above examples.

• 4 months later...

Archived