Why has he chosen the worst offer?

I matched Spurs' offer for this player, was accepted, offered the contract and he chose their offer instead. I would accept that but I am current champions (2 seasons running), runners up in the CL (won it 2 seasons before), offered key status, a much better contract (300k a week, 12m loyalty bonus, 10m agent bonus, 50k appearance fee, 35k goal bonus + other team of the year incentives). Their offer pales in comparison yet he chose to join them? Why does the AI get this preferential treatment so often in transfers?

qmYjzO.jpg

could be any reason, here are a few off the top of my head

reputation - what team are you? are spurs a bigger name?

bonuses - you offered a bigger wage, did you offer similar bonuses? i know for sure he wouldnt of signed for me, as i never give the percentage of next sale bonus for a start! and 50k a game? i dont care how good the kid is, he isnt welcome in my team. 11 million loyalty? yeah, right lol

promises - what did you promise? you obviously cant compare to Spurs as they are hidden i believe, but what did you offer?

preferred personnel - does he have friends there? more players of same nationality? for a fee that high, surely Spurs had some one talk to him?

8 minutes ago, Sassafras said:

Why does the AI get this preferential treatment so often in transfers?

it doesn't, at least not in the sense you are suggesting. there will be a reason for it, and if you looked at everything im sure you will see the information presented in game some where. i find for the type of players i buy (young ultra high potential, already Premiership ability) i have a clear advantage over AI. i probably dont have any real advantage, but i always get my player. so the AI must think so at least

1 hour ago, lemeuresnew said:

could be any reason, here are a few off the top of my head

reputation - what team are you? are spurs a bigger name?

bonuses - you offered a bigger wage, did you offer similar bonuses? i know for sure he wouldnt of signed for me, as i never give the percentage of next sale bonus for a start! and 50k a game? i dont care how good the kid is, he isnt welcome in my team. 11 million loyalty? yeah, right lol

promises - what did you promise? you obviously cant compare to Spurs as they are hidden i believe, but what did you offer?

preferred personnel - does he have friends there? more players of same nationality? for a fee that high, surely Spurs had some one talk to him?

it doesn't, at least not in the sense you are suggesting. there will be a reason for it, and if you looked at everything im sure you will see the information presented in game some where. i find for the type of players i buy (young ultra high potential, already Premiership ability) i have a clear advantage over AI. i probably dont have any real advantage, but i always get my player. so the AI must think so at least

I'm playing as Arsenal. I have higher reputation than Spurs aswell. This is in 2030 so money has gone crazy(er) in the Premier League. Every bonus that is possible to view, I have outdone Spurs on. The promise was to play him in his favoured position (AMC). Regarding preferred personnel - no he has no friends at either club. Both clubs have 2 fellow Italian players.

I cannot see any reason why he would choose Spurs other than the AI advantage. I've seen this happen a few times where AI teams have been able to get players cheaper in both transfer offer and on weekly contract. Makes no sense.

44 minutes ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Manager Reputation can also play a part, in the previous news item the one where he accepts Spurs offer the game normally includes a line which explains why he choose that side, what did it say in that item?

Hmm it didn't really say much apart from "the player is said tone hopeful of a successful spell with Spurs."

I have the in-game editor and checked the reputations of the managers. Their manager is Hannes Wolf, who has considerably lower current and home reputation than me, but very slightly higher world reputation. There's only 150 points in it though - would seem a bit excessive if that was the reason.

Another option is that he's more convinced of the playing time he'll get at Spurs - they might have a weaker option than your existing squad in his position. Or as mentioned they might have made him some attractive promises you didn't match. Safe to say though that whatever his reasoning, it's not 'preferential treatment'. The AI doesn't even know which team is human controlled.

• SI Staff

If you have a save from before the transfer goes through it would be worth posting this in our bugs forum here - https://community.sigames.com/forum/517-transfers-contracts-and-scouting-issues/

This could be legitimate or there could be an issue, the only real way to find out is to take a look at your save.

I also had a similar issue in FM2017.

African youngster without club, got offers from Mallorca (my club; 1st season, top of the 2nd league just before competition ends) and from unplayable Portuguese 3rd division team.  I offered him rotation squad status and over 100k euro per year, but he prefers to play for free as a young talent in Portuguese rangeland...

• SI Staff
2 minutes ago, yau said:

I also had a similar issue in FM2017.

African youngster without club, got offers from Mallorca (my club; 1st season, top of the 2nd league just before competition ends) and from unplayable Portuguese 3rd division team.  I offered him rotation squad status and over 100k euro per year, but he prefers to play for free as a young talent in Portuguese rangeland...

Head over to our bugs forum and get this logged there along with a save - we can then investigate for you  :thup:

Archived