Pricing plan for future versions?

Hi,

Are there any plans to revise the pricing for future versions?

Having recently switched from iOS - where I played FMM2017 to death - I've looked to download it again for Android and found it to be priced at £8.99 on the Play store. Something seems wrong when an annual game based on a football season that finished two months ago is still holding such a high price point?

Most other games seem to be free to download but involve in-app purchases for those that don't have the patience to play through the game.

Has this sort of model been considered? What was the decision and what was it based on?

I'm no marketing expert but the sort of things that could be sold as in-app purchases are:

a) the ability to manage clubs straight away in the top leagues. Otherwise these would need to be unlocked by working through the lower leagues.

b) international management from the start

c) upgrades on stadium, training facilities, youth facilities

d) ability to retrain player positions

e) increase number of coaches, scouts, physios and improve their badges

f) increased transfer funds, wages

g) licenced game skins

Please don't get me wrong. I love your product and buy it most years. I just think the pricing could do with a move to the above model as most others have.

My two cents: FMM has enough in-app transactions as it is (various unlockables such as "Sugar Daddy" etc + scenarios). Any more and I'm definitely out! If anything I think they should keep the current model but reduce the retail price. I don't think the pricing strategy is up to the devs who reply here, though. :)

• SI Staff

Disclaimer - The pricing and such is decided by the business people - I'm a developer.

With regards to 'in app purchases' - I try to ensure that they're worthwhile while not unbalancing the game-play (the feel of realism is imperative to the game imho) and i also try to ensure that the vast majority of these (ie. apart from the editor) are available to unlock in the game through normal play as well as being purchasable.

No more in app purchases are needed, we pay our money and get a good football management simulator. Have you tried champ man, it's a dump of in app purchases and pay to win, ruins all immersion in a game that had showed some promise.

Please! Under no circumstances turn this game into a "freemium" model.

Games made using the freemium model tend to be a complete and utter rip off. The way FM Mobile operates ensures you are getting a premium game at a really fair price. If you want to pay for additional extras - you can but the great thing about FMs IAPs is that they don't disadvantage you if you choose not to.

I have to say @passenger58 - your suggestion is a really bad one.

Archived