youth recruitement

Hi I wanted to know how are the youth player recruited after the first season and who is responsible of it? and finally has the youth level something to do with the quality of players recruited?

The youth players are assigned to teams around the world in a random way. Every year the game will generate youth players with a PA based on a bell curve, so you will get 2-5 with a PA 180+, about 30-40 with a PA of 150-180 etc etc....

As for your teams players they recruit, think of it like buying tickets for the lottery. If you have poor junior coaching, youth scouting network, head of youth development etc, It's like not buying many lottery tickets for the lottery, so you have a much lower chance of the jackpot (a 180+ PA player), whereas if you have all those things at a very high level you have more chance of winning the jackpot, although there is no guarantee.

Other things that you have little or no control over also affect what youth players you get in, such as a nations youth coefficient.

Related to this, does LoD, Det and Mot have anything to do with the success of youth recruitment?

I have the highest levels of Training and Recruitment network and a HoYD responsible for recruitment with JPA and JPP of 20.  Also I imagine england has quite a good youth co.

Yet I still seem to recruit worse than say...southampton, who seem to have a very high success rate despite being inferior in performance and reputation.

I wonder if it's because my HoYD is italian (even though he has high adaptability). hmmm, investigation needed.

Junior coaching has to be high as well as youth recruitment.

I honestly believe its more down to these things than it is Head of Youth Development, going by a save I done.

I added a Scottish Junior team to League Two and put both junior coaching and youth recruitment up to 20 without changing rep or adding finances and they managed to get a player with 160+ PA (best in his generation etc)

Maybe just luck.

On 2017-07-27 at 08:01, Pow4FM said:

I honestly believe its more down to these things than it is Head of Youth Development, going by a save I done.

I added a Scottish Junior team to League Two and put both junior coaching and youth recruitment up to 20 without changing rep or adding finances and they managed to get a player with 160+ PA (best in his generation etc)

Maybe just luck.

There was a thread in training/tactics that had the SI fellow (Seb?) say that your youth coaching's collective judging player ability/potential will impact your best regen and give him a boost, with the HOYD having a bigger impact too.

25 minutes ago, alanschu14 said:

There was a thread in training/tactics that had the SI fellow (Seb?) say that your youth coaching's collective judging player ability/potential will impact your best regen and give him a boost, with the HOYD having a bigger impact too.

Yes, but doesn't mention JPA/JPP:

On ‎27‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 15:01, Pow4FM said:

Junior Coaching has an affect on the actual ability (CA) the newgen starts with.  Youth Recruitment is one of the factors which influences newgen player potential (PA).  There are other factors, of which the HoYD is one.

On ‎27‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 15:01, Pow4FM said:

Maybe just luck.

Luck.  Better facilities can help increase the chance of better newgens, but it's not guaranteed.

• SI Staff
On 30/07/2017 at 12:07, herne79 said:

Yes, but doesn't mention JPA/JPP:

Working With Youngsters and Judging Player Potential are the attributes used in the second part of point 2. there.

• SI Staff
On 25/07/2017 at 20:26, chestermike said:

The youth players are assigned to teams around the world in a random way. Every year the game will generate youth players with a PA based on a bell curve, so you will get 2-5 with a PA 180+, about 30-40 with a PA of 150-180 etc etc....

As for your teams players they recruit, think of it like buying tickets for the lottery. If you have poor junior coaching, youth scouting network, head of youth development etc, It's like not buying many lottery tickets for the lottery, so you have a much lower chance of the jackpot (a 180+ PA player), whereas if you have all those things at a very high level you have more chance of winning the jackpot, although there is no guarantee.

Other things that you have little or no control over also affect what youth players you get in, such as a nations youth coefficient.

The tickets to a lottery analogy is a pretty good way of describing the basics.

On 2017-7-24 at 20:29, skamer said:

Hi I wanted to know how are the youth player recruited after the first season and who is responsible of it? and finally has the youth level something to do with the quality of players recruited?

What do u mean by nations youth coefficient.

And thx by the way for the simplified version of youth recruitment

On 2017-7-25 at 20:26, chestermike said:

What do u mean by nations youth coefficient.

And thx by the way for the simplified version of youth recruitment 

Sorry I accidentally qyoted the wrong quote

Youth coefficient is an internal set value for the quality of youth the come out of a country. As such countries like Brazil and Germany are weighted to get more promising youth than other countries.  There's probably a ranking somewhere but basically big soccer countries are better than smaller soccer countries.

To use the lottery analogy, it'd be kind of like getting bonus lottery tickets if you happen to be in a particular part of the world.

This doesn't mean you can't get good prospects.  I'm in Norway which has a poorer youth coefficient but still got pretty good intake the previous year where I signed about 8 people to contracts. This year I only got about 4 people that looked promising and that's the way it goes sometimes.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think it is possible to get some intake from players of the better countries if your world reputation goes up and also if you have affiliates in those countries.

On 02/08/2017 at 20:15, alanschu14 said:

Youth coefficient is an internal set value for the quality of youth the come out of a country. As such countries like Brazil and Germany are weighted to get more promising youth than other countries.  There's probably a ranking somewhere but basically big soccer countries are better than smaller soccer countries.

To use the lottery analogy, it'd be kind of like getting bonus lottery tickets if you happen to be in a particular part of the world.

This doesn't mean you can't get good prospects.  I'm in Norway which has a poorer youth coefficient but still got pretty good intake the previous year where I signed about 8 people to contracts. This year I only got about 4 people that looked promising and that's the way it goes sometimes.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think it is possible to get some intake from players of the better countries if your world reputation goes up and also if you have affiliates in those countries.

Thanks for explaining nations coefficient👍

Archived