I will buy it: FM 2018 for Nintendo Switch

Or maybe the touch version. Imagine that. After playing Mario Odissey you just go to the park, relax and play your career.

Technically I think is posible to play the normal version, but if it isnt works they can port just the touch version. It surelly works.

I bet that Switch's FIFA will suck and PES wont do any game, so FM can sold well if it will be the onliest great football game.

Of course the main version will be the PC version, but it is an interesting alternative choice.

What do you think?

(Srry my english but Im not english speaker)

I don't think you understand how complicated game development is.

Porting FM to the Switch isn't just a case of unticking a box labelled "PC" and ticking a box labelled "Switch".

Porting FM to the switch is something that would take thousands of hours of work and cost an enormous amount.

Why would they do that for a console whose target demographic is vastly different to the typical FM buyer?

13 hours ago, mack4ever said:

I don't think you understand how complicated game development is.

Porting FM to the Switch isn't just a case of unticking a box labelled "PC" and ticking a box labelled "Switch".

Porting FM to the switch is something that would take thousands of hours of work and cost an enormous amount.

Why would they do that for a console whose target demographic is vastly different to the typical FM buyer?

Could port over FM Mobile? Be less work than full version I would imagine. That or FM touch which is already developed for tablets?

5 hours ago, craiigman said:

Could port over FM Mobile? Be less work than full version I would imagine. That or FM touch which is already developed for tablets?

A game developed for mobiles or for tablets is no closer to a game for the Switch than a PC game is. It would still be an enormous amount of work for very little potential reward.

Let's also not forget that SI is a very small team in game development terms and they are producing a game that is ludicrously complicated. To produce a Switch version (or any console version) would require them to either hire new staff, which presumably they would not want to do, or take staff away from the PC version.

Now given that every year people complain that not enough has been changed between versions, and that the game isn't perfect upon release, how do you think things would go if they had fewer people working on the PC version? Do you think that they'd get more work done, or less?

1 hour ago, mack4ever said:

A game developed for mobiles or for tablets is no closer to a game for the Switch than a PC game is. It would still be an enormous amount of work for very little potential reward.

Let's also not forget that SI is a very small team in game development terms and they are producing a game that is ludicrously complicated. To produce a Switch version (or any console version) would require them to either hire new staff, which presumably they would not want to do, or take staff away from the PC version.

Now given that every year people complain that not enough has been changed between versions, and that the game isn't perfect upon release, how do you think things would go if they had fewer people working on the PC version? Do you think that they'd get more work done, or less?

I understand this.

I thought that simply the work will be rewarded great with not bad sold number.

Nintendo could help too

31 minutes ago, johnnycarvajal1 said:

I understand this.

I thought that simply the work will be rewarded great with not bad sold number.

Nintendo could help too

You're aware that SI are owned by Sega?  Something tells me they won't be doing anything with Nintendo anytime soon.

1 hour ago, Crispypaul said:

You're aware that SI are owned by Sega?  Something tells me they won't be doing anything with Nintendo anytime soon.

Mario and Sonic had a game together. Nintendo and Sega aren't exactly against working together.

On 27/07/2017 at 13:55, Crispypaul said:

Sega have already released a title for the Switch (Puyo Puyo Tetris), with more coming soon (including two Sonic titles).

• FrazT locked this topic

Archived