Player profile attribute analyser addition

JR866Gunner

Evening all, ok I had to reinstall windows 10 and failed to backup my FM skin files.. I had my player profiles exactly as I wanted them having tweaked it ever so slightly.

The 1st one was to ensure that the attribute analyser polygon shows in the attributes pop up. Its the area where you can get a quick glance at the players attributes. There are two customisable sections at the bottom of the popup and there is a string of text that allows for choosing the attributes polygon there as its not available as a choice by default.

The second one allows for the attributes polygon to be selected upon the player profile screen itself so you can chose it to replace fitness, happiness etc.

Ive lost all my text files that had all the important files to use to get it back how I had it. Can any experts advise on the above two requests please?

http://imgur.com/rjwhPf4

http://imgur.com/xiE89oc

http://imgur.com/IrbBzDD

Blaine Hudson_ Overview Profile.png

Chester_ Players Players.png

Chester_ Players Players2.png

43 minutes ago, wkdsoul said:

Player profile overview small selector for the first part.

I'll have a look at the 2nd when i get in, but its very similar.

Thanks! Its annoying because I sorted it myself before but it's like the code has changed since early this year!

9 hours ago, D_LO_ said:

That looks like the default skin, so I'm basing it on that assumption...

Within: player overview small selector panel (in player folder, panels)

add:

<widget class="client_object_viewer_xml_panel" id="paAn" late_loading="true" file="player/player attribute analyser panel">
<translation id="title" value="Attribute Analysis[COMMENT: player overview; title for a panel showing an attribute analyisis diagram]" type="use" translation_id="334971"/>
</widget> 

That should add it to player overview. I see that's working on most skins fairly straight-forwardly.

The pop-up seems more inconsistent, working on some skins, not on others. Both the overview and pop-up use the small selector panel I mentioned above so in that much that's all you need in terms of adding code. However it seems you need to have the player overview popup panel extracted and within your editable skin (i.e.player folder in panel folder etc.)  in order to allow this to be customised.

For example CFM has the coding above present however because he does not have the popup panel in his skin (due to not editing it) the analyser is not present on the popup. Whereas Andromeda has edited this significantly and has the panel so the coding takes effect.

Weird one... but I guess there's some logic to it...

Untitled.png

HI,

This sounds like exactly what I was after! I will test it on my lunch break! thanks!

13 hours ago, D_LO_ said:

That looks like the default skin, so I'm basing it on that assumption...

Within: player overview small selector panel (in player folder, panels)

add:

<widget class="client_object_viewer_xml_panel" id="paAn" late_loading="true" file="player/player attribute analyser panel">
<translation id="title" value="Attribute Analysis[COMMENT: player overview; title for a panel showing an attribute analyisis diagram]" type="use" translation_id="334971"/>
</widget> 

That should add it to player overview. I see that's working on most skins fairly straight-forwardly.

The pop-up seems more inconsistent, working on some skins, not on others. Both the overview and pop-up use the small selector panel I mentioned above so in that much that's all you need in terms of adding code. However it seems you need to have the player overview popup panel extracted and within your editable skin (i.e.player folder in panel folder etc.)  in order to allow this to be customised.

For example CFM has the coding above present however because he does not have the popup panel in his skin (due to not editing it) the analyser is not present on the popup. Whereas Andromeda has edited this significantly and has the panel so the coding takes effect.

Weird one... but I guess there's some logic to it...

Untitled.png

Oh and yes it is the default, I DL'd the base skins to play with (but not too much!) and extracted the panels files using archiver tool!

Hmm this is proving tricky

I added the text as stated;

<panel>
  <container class="bordered_box" id="SUBP">
    <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" layout_children="true" inset="0" />
    <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" />
  </container>

<widget class="popup_button" id="popv" auto_size="horizontal" height="20" click_event="msis" appearance="buttons/custom/customise panel/button" fixed="true">
    <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="top,right" inset="6"/>

<!-- This is a bit clumsy but I can't think of a better way without using equally clumsy code -->
    <!-- Animation to 'hide' the widget by drawing it out of the clipping area -->
    <!--<animation class="translate_animation" trigger_id="hidden" trigger_value="false" start_value="100.0,0.0" end_value="100.0,0.0" duration="0.1" end_mode="hold_end" apply_to_mouse="false"/>-->
    <!-- Animations to move it back and fade it in when moused over  -->
    <!--<animation class="translate_animation" trigger_start="msen" trigger_end="msex" start_value="-100.0,0.0" end_value="-100.0,0.0" duration="0.01" end_mode="hold_auto_reverse" apply_to_mouse="false"/>-->
    <!--<animation class="fade_animation" trigger_start="msen" trigger_end="msex" start_value="0.0" end_value="1.0" duration="0.4" end_mode="hold_auto_reverse"/>-->
  </widget>

<widget class="player_physical_stats_panel" id="ppsp" late_loading="true">
    <translation id="title" translation_id="247571" type="use" value="Fitness" />
  </widget>
  <widget class="player_bans_overview_panel" id="pbop" late_loading="true">
    <translation id="title" translation_id="247569" type="use" value="Bans" />
  </widget>
  <!--<widget class="player_scout_reports_panel" id="pscR" file="player/player scout reports small" late_loading="true" valid_for_unemployed_managers="false" valid_for_international_managers_other_team="false">
    <translation id="title" translation_id="248079" type="use" value="Report" />
  </widget>-->
  <widget class="player_transfer_information_small_panel" id="ptri" late_loading="true">
    <translation id="title" translation_id="227953" type="use" value="Transfer Status" />
  </widget>
  <widget class="person_happiness_panel" file="person/person happiness profile" id="Phap" late_loading="true">
    <translation id="title" translation_id="247463" type="use" value="Happiness" />
  </widget>
  <widget class="person_happiness_panel" file="person/person happiness profile plans" id="Ppla" late_loading="true">
    <translation id="title" translation_id="365298" type="use" value="Plans[COMMENT: FR 512; person happiness panel; title for person future plans section]" />
  </widget>
  <widget class="player_form_summary_panel" id="Pfor" file="player/player form summary panel profile" late_loading="true">
    <translation id="title" translation_id="308194" type="use" value="Form[COMMENT: team form 5 games, all competitions, short version]" />
  </widget>
  <widget class="player_training_stats_panel" id="pTTS" late_loading="true" valid_for_international_managers_other_team="false" valid_for_other_team_managers="false">
    <translation id="title" translation_id="242773" type="use" value="Training" />
  </widget>
  <widget class="player_contract_panel" id="pcon" file="player/player contract small" late_loading="true">
    <translation id="title" translation_id="230163" type="use" value="Contract" />
  </widget>
  <widget class="player_history_achievements_panel" id="pac1" file="player/player history achievements small" late_loading="true">
    <translation id="title" translation_id="329749" type="use" value="Career Achievements" />
  </widget>
  <widget class="playing_history_summary_panel" file="player/playing history summary small" id="Pcrs" late_loading="true">
    <translation id="title" translation_id="247605" type="use" value="Career Stats" />
  </widget>
</widget>
</panel>

But still no change as you see in the attached image...

Andrew Hollins_ Overview Profile.png

34 minutes ago, D_LO_ said:

Like I said the code alone won't do it. Have you got the main panels in your folder too (player overview and player overview popup) ? Is the popup working? Same principle I described may apply to player overview.

Yeah I have :( The popup works as default but the Analyser polygon just isnt an option from the drop down. Same with the main profile page too. I must have been lucky when setting it up as before! I just cannot see what is wrong with it!

2 hours ago, D_LO_ said:

Cleared cache, reloaded skin? 

It definitely works, countless skins can attest to it and I've tested it again but this time even on the default skin.

So make sure you are the following the instructions to a tee. 

2.png

Untitled.png

3.png

Hi Yep cleared caache twice actually lol

Ive set mine the same, at first I thought I had simply failed to put my panels into a player folder but I then created one to place those xml files into but no change so far...

Ive attached the edited xml files which include the widget for the attributes polygon.

Failing that could you upload yours please? :)

Capture.PNG

player overview popup panel.xml

player overview small selector panel.xml

On 28/07/2017 at 17:51, D_LO_ said:

Cleared cache, reloaded skin? 

It definitely works, countless skins can attest to it and I've tested it again but this time even on the default skin.

So make sure you are the following the instructions to a tee. 

2.png

Untitled.png

3.png

That black and yellow looks amazing. Is it just default dark skin and you happen to be a yellow playing team?

24 minutes ago, D_LO_ said:

Yeah exactly. If you like black/dark skins check out Andromeda (on fmscout) 

Ah man, fair enough. To be honest I actually just prefer the default skins. Just wish it was easy to adjust the colours of them. Would love to have what that looks like on that screen, but with orange instead of yellow. Like the old Zune theme for Windows Xp (if you've ever seen that lol).

1 hour ago, D_LO_ said:

Orange on every page instead of recolouring to the team?

Can be done, you just need to find the rgb colour value of Zune (there's a colour picker plug-in on Chrome which literally gives you such values if you hover over a colour whilst it's active)

Add a line like: <colour name="Zune" red="??" green="??" blue="??" /> (change question marks for whatever value you find re. above) to your settings.xml

And then just go to the graphic, found: C:\Users\YOUR NAME\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2017\skins\SKIN NAME\graphics\boxes\custom\interface\titlebar

and then change the red_replacement line to the below, in the config.xml:

<colour id="red_replacement" name="Zune"/>

You will need a base skin (found on Michael's sticky or you can use the above I attached, I've only added the attribute analyser) you will also need to use the resource archiver to extract the relevant files if you don't have them already. 

So I'll need to use the skins supplied my michaelmurray to be able to change the top bar colour to a static one?

Is it not one of those ones where you can grab the file using the resource tool and move it into a folder and it will take effect on the actual default skins?

14 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Are you putting the file in the correct place, for FM17 it needs to go in the panels/competition folder instead of just the panels folder.

That could be where it is going wrong, I shall try this tonight! thanks!

On 07/08/2017 at 21:49, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Are you putting the file in the correct place, for FM17 it needs to go in the panels/competition folder instead of just the panels folder.

Spot on MM this sorted it perfectly!

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I was hoping to recreate the use of the analyser polygon in the attributes screen for the player and the pop up again but I think things are different with locations of the fmf files I need to extract in FM18.. is this the case?

Also would the line of code differ this time around when I obtain the default player xml files?

File locations should be the same for FM18 as their were in FM17, though the fmf files you need to extract are now stored in the data/game folder of where FM is installed.

And I don't think the coding in the popup has changed much there has been some minor general coding changes so you might not be able to use your FM17 files but you should be able to do the same changes you made to those files in the FM18 files.

On 14/08/2018 at 19:13, michaeltmurrayuk said:

File locations should be the same for FM18 as their were in FM17, though the fmf files you need to extract are now stored in the data/game folder of where FM is installed.

And I don't think the coding in the popup has changed much there has been some minor general coding changes so you might not be able to use your FM17 files but you should be able to do the same changes you made to those files in the FM18 files.

Thanks! I shall have a play tonight!

On 14/08/2018 at 19:13, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Hi,

May I pick your brain please? :)

I've attached screens, so I am nearly there. Notice how on the player overview I have gotten the analyser but on the pop up of the player when you hover over the icon next to the name I cannot get it to appear in the mini menu clicking the arrow on one of the two boxes.. I am struggling!

Coventry City_ Players Players.png

Liam Cullen_ Overview Profile.png

@JR866Gunner What coding have you used?

You should just have to take the below code from the player overview big selector panel xml file found in the panels/player folder:

<widget file="player/player attribute analyser panel" id="paAn" class="client_object_viewer_xml_panel" late_loading="true">
<translation id="title" translation_id="334971" type="use" value="Attribute Analysis[COMMENT: player overview; title for a panel showing an attribute analyisis diagram]" />
</widget>

And paste it into the player overview popup selector panel xml file found in the panels/player folder, you can just paste the code into the file at the bottom but above the </panel> code right at the bottom as the game sorts the order alphabetically.

Then save the file, and reload your skin with the skin cache off and the option should appear like below:

capture_001_17082018_214605.thumb.jpg.0a14c1bb99916f6b2cfd097fecdca0ef.jpg

Actually I may as well upload this in case anyone else wants it adding (only adds it to the popup as shown in the screenshot), to install extract the file and you should have a folder called player place this in the panels folder for the skin you are using, reload the skin and it should now be an option;

playerpopupanalyser.zip

6 minutes ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

You should just have to take the below code from the player overview big selector panel xml file found in the panels/player folder:

<widget file="player/player attribute analyser panel" id="paAn" class="client_object_viewer_xml_panel" late_loading="true">
<translation id="title" translation_id="334971" type="use" value="Attribute Analysis[COMMENT: player overview; title for a panel showing an attribute analyisis diagram]" />
</widget>

And paste it into the player overview popup selector panel xml file found in the panels/player folder, you can just paste the code into the file at the bottom but above the </panel> code right at the bottom as the game sorts the order alphabetically.

Then save the file, and reload your skin with the skin cache off and the option should appear like below:

Actually I may as well upload this in case anyone else wants it adding (only adds it to the popup as shown in the screenshot), to install extract the file and you should have a folder called player place this in the panels folder for the skin you are using, reload the skin and it should now be an option;

playerpopupanalyser.zip

You sir are a star, I shall give this a go and update you once I have tested!

11 minutes ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

</widget>

playerpopupanalyser.zip

Worked perfectly, thank you ever so much for your trouble! :)

• 2 months later...

Hi, I am hoping to do the same again on FM19 but didnt want to clutter up the forum with another thread... 

So I would like to ensure I can choose attributes analyser on both the popup area and also on the profile in one of the small boxes at the lower part of the profile... the files have all changed again!

The exact same instructions should apply, just take the code from the FM19 files, rather than using the FM18 files.

So you'll want to take the code for the Analyser from the player overview big selector panel and paste it into the player overview popup selector panel for the popup profile and player overview small selector panel for the small panels on the profiles. Each file is found in the panels/player folder extracted from the panels fmf file.

Just paste the code in with the other widgets, just making sure you place it between them and copy over the full widget. You can also switch the other stuff around if there is stuff that appears on when screen but not the others, though some of the stuff from the big one might not work on the smaller panels.

Archived