Help please!

Hi all. Over the last 2 days I've managed to finish a full season with Everton, a very  successful one may I add. Won the League, Fa Cup and the League Cup. I was looking forward to testing the squad in the Champions League the following season. However, FM17 had other ideas. I get an e-mail from my Personal Assistant saying that we can't play in the Champions League due to not getting a license... What the hell? Come on!

To make things worse, my players want to speak to me as they want to play in the Champions League (we should be playing in it this season) and because I declined to speak to one, everyone in my squad is now unhappy. 

As if things couldn't get any worse, I get another e-mail from my PA telling me we've been deducted 5 points from the FA for breaching FFP rules. So after winning the treble I've gone on to: Not being allowed to play in Europe, an unhappy squad and starting next season on minus 5 points. I'm actually angry as I put a lot of hours in to achieve nothing really. 

Is there anything I can do? Unfortunately I can't go back as it saved after banning me from europe. Regarding the FFP regulations, I haven't done anything new this season. Totally out of my control. Anyone else experienced something like this? If so, was there a solution? Really annoyed that this happened and I can't seem to do anything about it.

Not getting a license to play in Europe is a consequence of failing the FFP guidelines- I think these are calculated over a rolling 3 year period, so if this is your first year, then there must have been some history.  I would be surprised if you did not receive news items about the FFP situation throughout the year as it is normally a regularly updated item.

Your club finances are within your control so it is up to you to control the spending based on your income.

I would doubt that there is anything you can do at this stage for this season, but you would be advised to start now to plan for next season without the European revenue

I've managed to keep a squad together for a few yo-yo years bouncing between Europa and CL by promising CL football and delivering.  Teams tend to back off when the players are happy enough to sign new contracts.  I hope that helps stem the tide.  I know it's not the type of feedback you were looking for.

Archived