making an assist should give a higher boost

2feet

...to the players match rating.

I think the boost is currently set to 0.2?

Should be a tad higher I think. Making an assist is a really important contribution, especially when you consider that scoring a goal (which I think gives a 0.5 boost) can sometimes just be a simple tap in, and all the hard work (the movement, the vision, the pass) was done by the 'assister'.

Regarding Ratings: GKs are often rated too low while defensive midfielders are often rated too high. And once a central defender scores a goal it is quite likely he'll become PoM. Should be fixed, I think.

My observations on match ratings:

GKs seem too low on average.

Scoring seems to influence the rating too much, if a defender/defensive midfielder scores it tends to warp his rating far too much.

Goalkeeper ratings also seem to be too heavily tied to distribution

My keepers rarely impress but usually get 7 or just over match ratings because they're asked to throw it short. They don't get much more credit when they do pull off spectacular matchwinning saves than when they concede the only shot on target but their throwing's OK

• 4 months later...

This has been reviewed so I am closing it off. However, we have make improvements for Player Ratings for FM18 so I hope you are enjoying this, both in the Full Match Engine and the Quick Match Engine (Background Games) to achieve a better balance overall.

I hope you all continue to enjoy FM18 :) 

Cheers,

Nic

Archived