[Suggestion] Game guide

craiigman

Can we please get an official game guide please? Whether it comes with FM18 or FM19 I don't mind. But a proper, in depth, game guide. I would prefer a printed copy, and honestly don't mind it having loads of pages.

With the new thread about how Determination has changed and which attributes matter and such. An official guide would actually be very welcome. I know the game has tool tips and info on screen. But a proper guide with the official information would be very helpful.

There is so much confusion within the community about certain things, having to relate to 3rd party guides and videos by the community.

I love my football coaching books I have, high quality images and such. A guide to refer to for FM would be so helpful, and with correct information that isn't open to interpretation.

I know there are some things that you wish to keep hidden, and that's fine. But clarification on areas you have seen the community mis-understand or argue about would be nice.

totally.... i am of the idea a screen by screen tutorial is needed... some one going screen by screen explaing every little detail and going into depth when needed

and video examples of player roles and postion as well as team instrutions... 

also yea a huge manual / game guide for quick refrence points...

PS... what if they put it on youtube or on there own site and make money on ads by hitting us with an ad before every video?  kinda get the feeling FM could use a lil extra income to get the game going... i wouldnt mind... espically if they are honest about it like... sorry about the ads but we could use the revune to make the game better.... whadya think?

3 hours ago, decapitated said:

If SI creates an official game guide, in print or e-book, then I would buy it.

yea... i was thinking the same thing but could see some players taking offense to - tryna sell a guide to a game that has a steep learning curve as a make more money gimic.... even if its for 5 bucks extra...  i know i might.... 

alot of things i feel deserve explation and then to sell it... dont think it would go too well...

besides you know guys would probably try and copy and share that info for free anways and then things just get complicated.... 

this is why i dont think they should sell it when i thought about it...

maybe a website with ad space around the boarders wouldnt be too bad...

know its gonna take lots of work for a screen by screen guide, thats why i feel if they think they have a chance to get a least a lil income from ad revenue, they might take it into deeper consideration....

cuz yea man u know guys would just copy that stuff and send it to each other and post it on youtube otherwise... like the next day :lol:

4 minutes ago, qDizzy said:

yea... i was thinking the same thing but could see some players taking offense to - tryna sell a guide to a game that has a steep learning curve as a make more money gimic.... even if its for 5 bucks extra...  i know i might.... 

alot of things i feel deserve explation and then to sell it... dont think it would go too well...

besides you know guys would probably try and copy and share that info for free anways and then things just get complicated.... 

this is why i dont think they should sell it when i thought about it...

maybe a website with ad space around the boarders wouldnt be too bad...

know its gonna take lots of work for a screen by screen guide, thats why i feel if they think they have a chance get a least a lil income from ad revenue, they might take it into deeper consideration....

Like this one? - http://www.guidetofootballmanager.com/

9 minutes ago, wkdsoul said:

yea thats good for like a manual... but its not official and as good as it is... i had to come to this forum and ask questions here to get furthwr clarification like... playing a player out of postions.... what is there any negative affect for a player with low leaderships... does a scout who is from Spain have a better ability to scout in Argentinia than a Scout from England, because he is fluent is spanish?....

yea man theres just so much to this game that i feel some clarifications would be really usefull, if not needed...

i would say that site does a very decent job though... but take that site and put it on steriods, with video examples and i be like.... :hammer:

5 minutes ago, qDizzy said:

yea thats good for like a manual... but its not official and as good as it is... i had to come to this forum and ask questions here to get furthwr clarification like... playing a player out of postions.... what is there any negative affect for a player with low leaderships... does a scout who is from Spain have a better ability to scout in Argentinia than a Scout from England, because he is fluent is spanish?....

yea man theres just so much to this game that i feel some clarifications would be really usefull, if not needed...

i would say that site does a very decent job though... but take that site and put it on steriods, with video examples and i be like.... :hammer:

yeah, there are far too many sites, the community is a bit fragmented for stuff like that, a site like the above could really use some help, vids, blogs, etc.. 

• 4 months later...

Archived