Squad Rotation for Champions League

Hi, I'm currently managing in La Liga and i'm in the Champions League so i have quite a busy schedule.

My questions are:

1) How often do you rotate for league games before CL or how many changes do you do?

2) What is the lowest fitness you actually start a player on?

My team seem to be on 74-76% by half time, I've not played FM in few months so forgetting quite few things. La Liga you can only have registered for league games i think 21 or 22 players roughly (i think but i might be wrong as not got my game loaded at the moment).

Thanks

For champs league games, I don't usually rotate players unless it's the group "whipping boys" or I've already qualified from the group and the remaining game(s) are meaningless. Priority is always qualification, then my squad players will get a run out. If it's the knockout part of the comp, I play my first team in the first leg, and then depending on result and if I'm home or away for the second leg, I'll rotate a few but not the whole team - But I would also keep a strong bench in case things start going wrong. 

I personally try not to start players under 85% - however the natural fitness attribute does play a part in my decision.. players like tevez and Kante for example just keeps running and running no matter what the % - although admittedly that's probably not advisable lol.

48 minutes ago, Mrlee.1986 said:

For champs league games, I don't usually rotate players unless it's the group "whipping boys" or I've already qualified from the group and the remaining game(s) are meaningless. Priority is always qualification, then my squad players will get a run out. If it's the knockout part of the comp, I play my first team in the first leg, and then depending on result and if I'm home or away for the second leg, I'll rotate a few but not the whole team - But I would also keep a strong bench in case things start going wrong. 

I personally try not to start players under 85% - however the natural fitness attribute does play a part in my decision.. players like tevez and Kante for example just keeps running and running no matter what the % - although admittedly that's probably not advisable lol.

Thanks for the reply.

I am in a pretty tough group but more than capable of getting 2nd. It's mainly La Liga my worry is as i want to be in the race for the title but quite afraid of it all costing me if i have to go with some bench players, but i guess with you saying about not playing players under 85%, i should be able to get away with it hopefully. I have never been too sure on the player condition. I shall give that a go, was quite annoyed when i saw not much rotation available with both La Liga/Champions League registration.

Thanks again for the reply, will take note of that.

I always try and play the strongest team for a CL match and compromise by rotating in the league games immediately before and after the CL game.  This works well apart from the fact that some of your top players then complain that they are not getting enough first team football!

I will rarely start any player whose condition is below 90%, but I do have a heavy rotation policy so it isnt often that this will occur.

34 minutes ago, FrazT said:

I always try and play the strongest team for a CL match and compromise by rotating in the league games immediately before and after the CL game.  This works well apart from the fact that some of your top players then complain that they are not getting enough first team football!

I will rarely start any player whose condition is below 90%, but I do have a heavy rotation policy so it isnt often that this will occur.

Thanks for the response.

I was thinking that but when the group is tough, i want my best team out but i also dont want to sacrifice the league either. It's a tough choice.

I'm the same but around 93% on a player.

I'm currently playing in Norway and I'm realizing that league rep (the 3 seasons I've been here the teams have struggled in continental leagues and our rating has declined) and team rep are impacted by those coefficients.  I think both good of the league and my own team it behooves me to send my best team to those leagues.  But yeah, tough balancing act since you have to do well in the league to qualify!

(but I am currently top 3 and am optimistic on getting a qualification next season with an outside chance at Champions League!)

8 hours ago, alanschu14 said:

I'm currently playing in Norway and I'm realizing that league rep (the 3 seasons I've been here the teams have struggled in continental leagues and our rating has declined) and team rep are impacted by those coefficients.  I think both good of the league and my own team it behooves me to send my best team to those leagues.  But yeah, tough balancing act since you have to do well in the league to qualify!

(but I am currently top 3 and am optimistic on getting a qualification next season with an outside chance at Champions League!)

I agree with you regarding the balancing act, it's tough. Good luck getting qualificication!

Archived