In-game Coach Education ?

There have been lot of requests in this forum about an in depth official guide ! What about a game feature where you are able to take a Coach Education when you start a new save game ???

I think about 99% of Football Manager gamers (including myself) have very little knowledge of football tactics, player management and what it means to be a manager in real life ! SI should give us (gamers) a opportunity to take a football education - at least a simple one ! Even real life football players, when they end their career and decide to be a manager, they are forced to take a coach education to be a manager!

You should be able to take a coach education in 3 levels in FM : level C for beginners, level B for experienced managers and level A for elite managers ! It should be an optionel education, but it could have an effect on your manager licens when you start a new game - and when you complete an education once, then you have it forever in all of your new save games. Thats a (fun) way to learn the game lot more and be able to be a better manager in all levels. Thats also a way for SI to give us an official guide and answer lot of our questionsabout the game !

Coach educations could be like - you have to read a couple of texts about game tactics / training etc., and end of single text you get a number of random questions. 

For example: 

-------------------------------------

Question: What kind of player attributes do your players need to play quick short passing ? 

Answer Options: 

1) ***** ?

2) ***** ?

3) ***** ?

Question: Tight Marking could be useful if your players possess the following skills ? 

Answer Options: 

1) ***** ?

2) ***** ?

3) ***** ?

Etc. etc. etc.

WHAT DO YOU THINK ?? IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE IDEA - HOW ELSE CAN WE LEARN MORE ABOUT THIS GAME FROM A RELIABLE SOURCE ??

11 hours ago, pukfm said:

IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE IDEA - HOW ELSE CAN WE LEARN MORE ABOUT THIS GAME FROM A RELIABLE SOURCE ??

That's a little disrespectful to the many people on this forum who offer advice and guidance.  Remember, these are SI's own forums so if incorrect guidance is given it's soon corrected.

Having read your other threads and posts, I believe your main issue is you have been reading so many different websites (and watching YT videos?) you have information overload and ended up confusing yourself.  And there is a lot of misleading information out there - some YT videos are so full of incorrect information it makes my head spin.  And worse they have thousands of subscribers who get taken in by all the nonsense.

If you want a reliable source do one of two things.  1) Head over to the Tactics and Training forum where there are many varied and in depth guides in the pinned thread at the top.  2) Look up @Rashidi's YouTube channel (BusttheNet).  What rashidi doesn't know about the game isn't worth knowing.

1 hour ago, Chinook2000 said:

I would like to know what the new positions do and what stats I need to look for:-

Chief Doctor/ Doctor the difference:

Chief & Data Analyst the difference:

Head Of Sports Science & sports scientist :

You have no control over the Doctor, so irrelevant.

Data Analysts provide you with reports and information.  The Chief DA is like your Chief Scout, he'll organise things.  Data Analysts are employed for specific squads but if you only have a Chief DA he'll provide you with reports for all your squads.  There are no required attributes.

Sports Scientists help players prevent and overcome Jadedness - player exhaustion from playing too many games (ever seen the "Rst" icon against a player's name?  That's Jadedness).  Again they are employed for each squad and (again) there are no required attributes.

12 hours ago, pukfm said:

WHAT DO YOU THINK ?? IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE IDEA - HOW ELSE CAN WE LEARN MORE ABOUT THIS GAME FROM A RELIABLE SOURCE ??

Passive aggressive bolding aside, probably the same way most people learn about the game - by playing, making mistakes and learning from them.  Outside of that, there's plenty of people who know the game in forensic detail that are happy to give advice (as herne pointed out).  Outside of that, SI probably need to take a look at providing better documentation around things, of course stopping well short of just giving people the answers.

Archived