How long is a year? (work permit question)

Really dumb question here. I'm waiting for a player to have played enough international games to get a work permit. The rule is that he has to have played in 45% of fixtures in the year.

Now the question: is the year a 365 day period from the date of application or is it the current year back to 1 January?

1 hour ago, MikeyJ said:

He would have had to played 45% of international games from the 1st January - 31st December.

so if it's 1 June, he needs to have appeared in 45% of games between 1st Jan - 1 June?

2 hours ago, beardymouse said:

Really dumb question here. I'm waiting for a player to have played enough international games to get a work permit. The rule is that he has to have played in 45% of fixtures in the year.

Now the question: is the year a 365 day period from the date of application or is it the current year back to 1 January?

My educated guess would be 365 days from the application date.

It might work the other way but I think that would be less likely, you probably need one of the SI staff to confirm which it is.

One other thing that might need to be considered is how FM stores the old games and what information it uses for the calculation.  Again I'm only guessing but I suspect it might use the player's form page which lists the last 20? matches.

Archived