Are there any areas where SI is actively looking for ideas?

YKW

I would love to hear.

Alternatively if anyone is browsing around the forums and notices SI ask people "what they would like to see in this area" maybe post a link in here for me if you are feeling generous.

Thanks.

3 hours ago, YKW said:

I would love to hear.

Alternatively if anyone is browsing around the forums and notices SI ask people "what they would like to see in this area" maybe post a link in here for me if you are feeling generous.

Thanks.

I would also like to know this ! People lose motivation to give suggestions about new game ideas, because of SI's silence !! 

Haalllooooooo SI - please speak up ! How can we help you with the upcoming FM 18 ???

1 minute ago, pukfm said:

I would also like to know this ! People lose motivation to give suggestions about new game ideas, because of SI's silence !! 

Haalllooooooo SI - please speak up ! How can we help you with the upcoming FM 18 ???

Judging by the number of feature ideas each year, you've completely made this up.

Anyway SI are always looking to hear requests in all areas, there's always room for new input.

4 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Judging by the number of feature ideas each year, you've completely made this up.

Anyway SI are always looking to hear requests in all areas, there's always room for new input.

I have like others lost motivation. There are lot of threads with 0 replies, which is fair enough (i don't expect reply in every thread), but could SI at least tell us which area they MOSTLY would like to get new input  !

1 minute ago, pukfm said:

I have like others lost motivation. There are lot of threads with 0 replies, which is fair enough (i don't expect reply in every thread), but could SI at least tell us which area they MOSTLY would like to get new input  !

You can only speak for yourself in truth.

Anyway, there is no specific area of focus. If you have an idea, post it.

26 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

You can only speak for yourself in truth.

Anyway, there is no specific area of focus. If you have an idea, post it.

All right - I would like to ask the forum members - how much would you be motivated if SI broke the silence and told us which area they are focusing on RIGHT NOW ??? There MUST be SOME areas that they are working on RIGHT NOW !! 

Does it matter where they are right now, every team is prob at various stages of development.   If you think of an improvement or idea pitch it.

They've stated these are read, although not all replied to.  Knowing what every department or team is up to, isn't  gonna have an effect on thinking of something while playing FM or not. 

Use the bugs forum list as a guide for brain storming, if you like - Suggestions on:-
This week - Match Engine Issues - Any issues with how the match plays or looks
Next week  User Interface Issues - how the game looks or reacts to things you click
Week after - Transfers, Contracts and Scouting Issues - related to transfers, contracts or any scouting
Then - Other Gameplay Issues - News Items, Finances, Player Happiness and Interaction

might help narrow the thinking bit by bit, rather than FM as whole? 

21 minutes ago, wkdsoul said:

Does it matter where they are right now, every team is prob at various stages of development.   If you think of an improvement or idea pitch it.

They've stated these are read, although not all replied to.  Knowing what every department or team is up to, isn't  gonna have an effect on thinking of something while playing FM or not. 

Use the bugs forum list as a guide for brain storming, if you like - Suggestions on:-
This week - Match Engine Issues - Any issues with how the match plays or looks
Next week  User Interface Issues - how the game looks or reacts to things you click
Week after - Transfers, Contracts and Scouting Issues - related to transfers, contracts or any scouting
Then - Other Gameplay Issues - News Items, Finances, Player Happiness and Interaction

might help narrow the thinking bit by bit, rather than FM as whole? 

Precisely. There is no narrow focus because you can always learn something from a suggestion

The internet.  Serious business.

I'd imagine SI will treat this forum more like an opportunity to think outside the box.  Doubt they'd be looking for anything specific, more the extraneous stuff that either hasn't been discussed internally or hasn't even been thought of.  More targeted feature discussions will probably be done in-house.  Not really sure why this is a problem - an idea is an idea and the way it is now is far more conducive to actually getting what SI would like to hear.

Requiring "motivation" to put forward an idea is a curious one.  Would've thought the opportunity to put forward an idea to make the game better in your own mind would be enough, but seems we now need a nice pat on the head too.  Bring out yer gold stars and all that.

• Administrators

There are currently two reasons why most of the recent threads don't have any responses. The first is that we're currently in the process of drawing up an internal template on how best to log feature requests within our internal system. Until this is finalised essentially there's been a 'freeze' of sorts on adding these requests until they can follow this format. This will enable us to process these kinds of features quicker during our annual feature meetings allowing us to use our time more constructively fleshing out those kinds of features we feel will be beneficial for future FMs.

Secondly, you may notice there was a big sweep just prior to the turn of the year. Any features logged after this point were too late for the current development cycle, so would only be able to be considered for a future development cycle. Basically what that means is that any feature posted here in 2017 would have been too late for FM18. 

Hope that clears up what's going on at the moment.

In regards to specific areas we're looking for features - no, we're open to more or less everything.

Cheers. 

Archived