Re-creating USSR issues

GoldenGoal

Hello everyone, recently i had the idea to play as if the USSR had never collapsed, but i'm having a few problems setting this up in the editor for FM15.

First i got this file in steam: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=355378221

It adds many teams of former USSR into 6 leagues, but it does not make them all a single country, so i changed Russia to be named U.S.S.R. and moved all cities, players, clubs and region locations to this U.S.S.R. i created. So far it seems to work fine but i have two problems, first the population is stuck at 142M which is Russia's population, when it should be close to 300M with all 15 countries combined.

For the former countries i also removed them all from FIFA and reduced their reputation etc, so they have no clubs or players anymore, however i noticed they still have their original population settings. I also noticed that some of them are still having friendly matches or qualification matches (probably something that was already scheduled).

Is it possible to fix the population issue? And what about the schedules for these "former" countries, can i remove them if i edit the competitions themselves or is it safer not to? Should there be other things i should check to see if all is working well? I simulated a year to test and it all seems ok, is it possible to define the youth intake dates?

So far i think all the things seem to be working, everyone born in any of the USSR cities gets the soviet nationality, and if i for example set my manager as born in a Kazakh city, i get both Russian and Kazakh languages, and from what i saw the names seem to be based on the city, as i had Lithuanian soviets with correct name, language and soviet nationality. I also noticed the appearance of the regens seem to be based on the city, as i had very arab looking regens for some of the countries, and asian regens for Kazakhstan so things seem to be working pretty well.

I think as you've already removed them from FIFA, removing their continents might help as well

The only way to remove them from the initial qualifiers is to recreate that competition - which may then mean you have to rebuild the qualifiers & the tournament (World Cup or Euro Championships). This from what I've heard is a lot of work, but something you probably would have to do anyway as you're turning 15 countries (11 UEFA) back into 1 & would have to re-balance the qualifying groups..

From what I know this is right, but maybe someone with a bit more knowledge could help

Thanks for the reply, sounds quite complicated.

Well from what i tested the changes i did seem to be enough for things to go well, however i'm having a few problems with nationalities.

Sometimes some of the players have a nationality of the removed countries, to prevent this i set for all the previous countries to not allow double nationality, yet i see this happening a few times like having USSR and Kyrgyzstan double nationality, even for regens. This is happening mostly to Kyrgyzstan, Azerbaijan and Armenia for some reason.

I have set so that it takes 4 years to get USSR nationality, but i noticed that players coming in do not have that counter of "days remaining to get nationality", not sure what is going on.

Archived