Neymar to PSG and FFP

Hi guys,

Know my way around the editor a bit but I'm struggling to have the Neymar transfer impact PSG as it should. 

What I would like to see

- PSG have zero transfer budget left this summer

- Barcelona to have 220 million plus transfer budget this season (done). 

- Transfer having a massive impact on PSG ability to pass FFP. 

Now, I've tried setting the transfer up as a future transfer to happen on the first of July but it doesn't seem to have any impact on the above three criteria. 

Ive also tried moving him to PSG and editing the finances of both clubs directly (190m from PSG balance, 190m to Barcelona, adding minus deficit to PSG FFP, adding positive value to Barcelona FFP) and, while this does effect Barcelonas balance properly* it doesn't seem to impact PSG to starting balance and they still seem set to pass FFP. 

Anyone had any luck with this?

Thanks

Ally

*the projection balance for the club is the same as it was before the edit but I assume that's because I made the whole 190m available to the transfer budget

The transfer in real life (as far as I know) also doesn't have any major affect on the FFP of PSG. So that is actually very realistic. I did also set the transfer in game as a future transfer and I did notice that usually in the 2017 summer transfer window PSG usually spends big, but with the transfer of Neymar set, they don't buy anyone else until the next summer. So probably does have a slight impact, but nothing that makes them fail the FFP. 

I don't think they actually gave the money directly to Barca. 

From what I've read they made Neymar an ambassador for the 2022 WC and paid him the fee and he then bought out his contract with it.

So technically they signed him on a free when it comes to FFP. Always loopholes to be exploited.

Also PSG should still have a large transfer budget in the game. They are basically owned by the Qatar state. They have an endless pit of money.

22 minutes ago, iMan said:

From what I've read they made Neymar an ambassador for the 2022 WC and paid him the fee and he then bought out his contract with it.

So technically they signed him on a free when it comes to FFP. Always loopholes to be exploited.

Also PSG should still have a large transfer budget in the game. They are basically owned by the Qatar state. They have an endless pit of money.

They haven't made him an ambassador for mega money. And that route of funding would fail. They did that with a sponsorship in 2014, and Uefa simply deducted the majority of the fee when it came to FFP calculations, hence then failing then and getting a fine

They also did give the money direct to Barcelona 

19 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

They haven't made him an ambassador for mega money. And that route of funding would fail. They did that with a sponsorship in 2014, and Uefa simply deducted the majority of the fee when it came to FFP calculations, hence then failing then and getting a fine

They also did give the money direct to Barcelona 

Huh? have I missed something.

From what I saw QSF paid Neymar £300m to be ambassador and he used part of that to buy out his contract.  He even turned up himself with his lawyers to pay the money over.

48 minutes ago, iMan said:

3 minutes ago, Cougar2010 said:

Huh? have I missed something.

From what I saw QSF paid Neymar £300m to be ambassador and he used part of that to buy out his contract.  He even turned up himself with his lawyers to pay the money over.

it is apparently normal for any player being sold for his release clause to do it themselves with the buying clubs money. in no way makes the player a free transfer for ffp issues, that would be the stupidest argument of the summer

1 minute ago, lemeuresnew said:

it is apparently normal for any player being sold for his release clause to do it themselves with the buying clubs money. in no way makes the player a free transfer for ffp issues, that would be the stupidest argument of the summer

Big thread in the football forum discussing it over the last few days/weeks.

Contracts are personal contracts between clubs & players.  In Spain the buyout clause is different to other countries and the general understanding is that its a personal transaction between player & club.  In practice normally the clubs accept a transfer bid from another club of around the same value as the buyout clause.

In this case Barcelona turned that down and forced Neymar to activate the clause himself and buyout the contract therefore leaving him as a free agent which PSG then signed.

Technically speaking on paper it should be a free transfer but its been reported as a world record transfer, without knowing all the details its impossible to say either way.

Will it count towards FFP? well with QSF owning PSG and giving Neymar the money as World Cup ambassador it may or may not depending on how UEFA view it and if QSF can find a loophole in the legal terminology.

I understand a lot of people are sceptical about PSG failing FFP due to various reasons but from what I read, UEFA are going to be investigating the deal so they might face a charge yet. 

Plus, I also thought it would be a cool experiment eg would PSG offload a lot of high earners to fall back in line with FFP? Or would they do nout and take the punishment. 

18 minutes ago, Cougar2010 said:

Big thread in the football forum discussing it over the last few days/weeks.

Contracts are personal contracts between clubs & players.  In Spain the buyout clause is different to other countries and the general understanding is that its a personal transaction between player & club.  In practice normally the clubs accept a transfer bid from another club of around the same value as the buyout clause.

In this case Barcelona turned that down and forced Neymar to activate the clause himself and buyout the contract therefore leaving him as a free agent which PSG then signed.

Technically speaking on paper it should be a free transfer but its been reported as a world record transfer, without knowing all the details its impossible to say either way.

Will it count towards FFP? well with QSF owning PSG and giving Neymar the money as World Cup ambassador it may or may not depending on how UEFA view it and if QSF can find a loophole in the legal terminology.

There is no loophole. Uefa ha already said it would be dismissed as a third party payment if used on the books. 

Short answer is that PSG are liable for his 198m fee plus wages over his contract for FFP. 

Just now, allyc31 said:

I understand a lot of people are sceptical about PSG failing FFP due to various reasons but from what I read, UEFA are going to be investigating the deal so they might face a charge yet. 

Plus, I also thought it would be a cool experiment eg would PSG offload a lot of high earners to fall back in line with FFP? Or would they do nout and take the punishment. 

There is nothing to currently investigate. We won't know till at least the end of the coming season before being able to start assessing whether they fail 

it is all just technicalities. the player is at PSG, and of course the money has to be taken into account for there own FFP. if this was not the case the club would not of stated so themselves lol

as far as the extra amount of money paid - yes, i am sure he is being paid a bit to do the ambassador stuff. but he would of also has to pay tax on the money going into his account. so the 200 million or whatever to Barcelona + up to 47 or 49 % tax due to the size of tranfer. so no where near the suggested 100 million mark by papers

the press are the enemy. question everything

What PSG/Neymar are doing is essentially a freeroll:

The way the Spanish league system works in terms of contracts are that the only one who can exercise the buy-out clause is the player himself. Let's say City were to buy Messi right now; they would pay the BO fee to Messi/Messi reps and they would in turn pay that money to the club to buy him out. The money is not going directly from City to FCB. However, FIFA can/will trace the money using logic. So this transfer would impact City's FFP standing.

Since PSG is in fact owned by the sovereign country of Qatar they can try to freeroll the whole system by having a subsidiary (Qatar WC) pay Neymar directly and then go to battle with FIFA over technicalities. Worst case; they'll lose and have to obide like the rest of the clubs. The real problem here is that FIFA should not allow this type of ownership. It is 100% clear for all of us that the real owners here is a state with bottomless pockets and a bad reputation world wide.

If they really wanted the world to turn on them they would've bought Neymar through a Qatari club and loaned him to PSG for the next 7 years. That way Neymar would have had tax free wages (Sharia Law=no income tax), the Qatari club would have faced a not at all important ban and PSG would really be freerolling.

Archived