Take Matters into His Own Hands

President Dr Abdullah Al-Humaidi has decided that this offer was too good to refuse and has decided to take matters into his own hands by confirming this transfer on behalf of the management.

My young star central defender is gone. :mad:

What I want to know is there there an option where I can talk to the board about this decision? I don't see anything. I want to yell and scream and threaten to resign over this.

Second, is there a way I can avoid this situation in the future by any method? Either by philosophies or some contract negotiations. Or whatever. I don't want the President to have any say on transfers. Or is this just something I will have to live with?

I had it happen once with my player where there was a "protest transfer" (it had "protest" in any case) in the lower right of the screen.  Took some proding but I saved mine.

I think it might be something you have to live with for better or worse (I don't mind it but I am roleplaying a career and if I get pushed too far I'll sign somewhere else).

What club are you? As above, sometimes you'll get the chance to try and save it, but not every time. As for stopping it, I'd say things like setting an asking price too high which may deter bids. There isn't a way for you to negotiate that the chairman/president won't get involved, or if there is, I haven't seen it! 

Some Chairman will do this and there won't be a lot you can do about it. In my long term FM11 save with Newcastle Town, my Chairman would often sell players when we reached the Championship to keep over bank balance at a sustainable level. When we got to the Premier League he stopped doing it.

Archived