[Suggestion] International job interviews

OrientTillIDie

Can't find a thread about this anywhere but I could be wrong. Something I've often wondered is why there isn't an interview process for international jobs. Surely an interview is MORE important for a national team? Just takes away a little bit of the realism when you can't argue your corner and instead just get flat out rejected or offered the job.

21 hours ago, Sheriff7 said:

Good idea..They must upgrade national team manager role for example can train national team,talk with FA for their strategy about talents in country and other things...

Is the latter the national team manager's job though?  I know some take an interest, but most managers will be purely there to manage the team, nothing to do with any administration tasks.  Coaching would probably be pretty limited too, just a couple of days with the squad prior to games.

There's definitely things they could do with international roles, but I'm sure last time it was under discussion no-one could really pin down exactly what was missing.  Interviews could be added, but what does the feature really add to the game?  It doesn't add too much to club management, and those interviews would always be more involved anyway.

54 minutes ago, forameuss said:

Is the latter the national team manager's job though?  I know some take an interest, but most managers will be purely there to manage the team, nothing to do with any administration tasks.  Coaching would probably be pretty limited too, just a couple of days with the squad prior to games.

There's definitely things they could do with international roles, but I'm sure last time it was under discussion no-one could really pin down exactly what was missing.  Interviews could be added, but what does the feature really add to the game?  It doesn't add too much to club management, and those interviews would always be more involved anyway.

You gave me a good idea about make a suggestion topic for international team coach role upgrade...:)If you want take a look at it for more specific suggestions...

In FM International management is an extremely stripped down version of club management.

For example, player interaction is one thing that is definitely scarce and need a total overhaul. Besides the usual injury and retirement chats there are no other options available to you. and the ones that are are very repetitive. How simple would it be to set up a more in depth interactions tab that could include more options.

Player training would be short, like forameuss says, but would still play an important part in getting tactical familiarity raised sooner. 

Interviews. Non existent. Actually having an interview, successful or not, would bring it in line with club management.

I still enjoy international management, because as a non regular player it allows me to get through the seasons relatively quicker than club management does, however with a simple overhaul of options and ideas I feel this could become a much more immersive way of playing FM.

• 3 months later...

Archived