Changing Competition Names

bagman428

Does anyone on here like to edit the Daniel Fix File which changes team names and competitions?

Hopefully someone in here can help me. Ive been having trouble changing Competition names. Team names are easy but for whatever reason Competition names are difficult for me. Im pretty sure i must be missing something. i am saving the file in the inc/all folders for all fm updates on the c:/ drive. It happens no matter what competition I change when I change it to something I want it changes it to something entirely different sometimes its in a foreign language. As an example I tried changing Japans cup to "Emporer's Cup" but when I do it it changes it to "Tennohai Zen Nippon Sakka Senshuken Taikai". But thats just one of many that I cannot change. What am I doing wrong. Can someone help?

Thanks

Tom

It's most likely your data files.

If you have one name for one competition on one data file and a different name of the same competition on another. The game will only load one. 

You're best editing the name of the competition on the data file you use or both. 

Hope this helps. 

Ok but where does this file get saved ? In the data editor folder or inc folder.  Also do I need to delete my other name fix file    I think I figured out why this is happening.  I have another name fix file an .fmf file from passion fm in my data editor folder.   May remove that and see what happens

Archived