Help with Inbox and other selected item background colours

wjones852

I have edited the titlebar - well, 'borrowed' an edited xml - to remove the contrast overlay and display exact team text/titlebar colours. In doing so, certain colours replace the selected item background colour for inbox items and some others. See pink colour in screenshot below. 

Any ideas how I can amend this? Is there a way? If so, how and where? Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

screen2.png

Should be a couple of things you can do, if you still want the colour to change with the team and just want the pink to be the same shade as the claret in the header, then you'll need to edit the 'accent colours' and 'dark accent colours' xml files found in the settings folder. Use an image editing program to find the RGB values of the currently displaying pink colour, then search for this entry in those files and adjust the RGB values to match the actual claret used by West Ham. (Or if you only want to affect WHU's shade then duplicate one of the existing blocks of code and adjust each of the values to match the values for WHU claret - set the min/max values to the same so the game will only pick up that shade).

An alternative is to just disable the recolouring totally, to do this add/edit the following lines in the settings file for the skin:

<boolean id="disable_accent_colour" value="true" />
<boolean id="disable_dark_accent_colour" value="true" />

Then adjust these values to set the actual colour you want to use (the box should use the dark one by default):

<colour name="default dark accent" red="163" green="31" blue="46" />   
<colour name="default accent" red="240" green="195" blue="0" />

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there. I am using the "Base2017 Dark Skin" (btw thank you for it).

I would like to edit the background colours for various news items in my inbox, but can't seem to figure out how. I would like something like the following (from FM16, skin=YACS2):
inbox_edited.png
As you can see, the "Personal Message from Vangelis Marinakis" is a message you have to respond to in order to continue and it's veeery dark red, close to purple (don't know the exact colour name). Other messages, like a scouting update for example, also have a different background colour so you can distinguish their "category".

Is it possible to do something similar in FM17? Or if it's easier, can I just copy the file from the "FM16-YACS2" skin folder to the "Base2017 Dark Skin" folder? If yes, which .xml should I copy?

(I hope this is the right topic for my question, if not, please inform me and I will place it elsewhere)

@D_LO_ Thank you very much for your time!

1) Unfortunately I wasn't able to find the following after extraction:   C:\Users\YOUR NAME\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2017\skins\SKIN NAME\graphics\tables\custom\inbox
The folder "tables" just isn't there in my "Working Folder", it doesn't exist. Neither is it in the "Base2017 Dark Skin" by default...

2) The "FM16-YACS2" skin has a "standard" folder instead of "custom":   C:\Users\User\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2016\skins\YACS2\graphics\tables\standard

3) However, I checked another FM17 skin named "Ultimate10 for FM17 v1.1" and its inbox has the reddish background I want:
ultimate10_default_colour_edited.png   The "Bosch set to sign for Olympiacos" is a message you have to respond to in order to continue. That background colour for messages like this I want.

Also, it does have a "custom" folder:   C:\Users\User\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2017\skins\Ultimate 10 for FM17 v1.1\graphics\tables\custom             which includes the following:
ultimate10_custom.png--->ultimate10_inbox.png--->but all these 5 folders only have files like this: ultimate10_category.png

So, I don't know what to edit there.

4) If I edit the following, is it going to make any difference in the appearance of my inbox news items?

55 minutes ago, D_LO_ said:

<!-- Inbox colours -->
    <colour name="inbox_must_respond" red="" green="" blue=""/> <!-- Must respond news item row - red_replacement -->
    <colour name="inbox_optional" red="" green="" blue=""/> <!-- Optional news item row - red_replacement -->
    <colour name="inbox_selected" red="" green="" blue=""/> <!-- Selected news item row - red_replacement -->
    <colour name="inbox_row" value=""/> <!-- Selected news item row - red_replacement -->

5) Lastly, thank you for the "colour 'strips' on the left-hand side" info, but it's not what I really want, it won't make much difference really.

As you can see, no4 is probably what I want, but I also need to replace that green colour.

I've found a "tables" folder in my "Working Folder". It's from the "fm dark-widgets" subfolder:   C:\Users\User\Saved Games\Football Manager 2017\Working Folder\skins\fm dark-widgets\graphics\tables
which only contains these though:
fmdarkwidgets_table.png--->fmdarkwidgets_custom.png--->fmdarkwidgets_inbox.png--->fmdarkwidgets_selected.png

@D_LO_ I am sorry mate, it is getting over-complicated because English is not my native language.

I just downloaded "yacs2 Tuning v1" from sortitoutsi and it does include the "custom" folder. However, my original "Yacs2" folder, didn't.
So, I copied the whole "inbox" folder to my "Base17 Dark Skin" folder, and now my inbox in looks like this, which is almost what I want:
baseskinfinally.png
The message with the dark red background is the message you have to respond to in order to continue. This is perfect.
The gold one is fine, no problem there.
However, the message with the green background is the one I have currently clicked with my mouse. Any message you click, it gets that green background. How could I change the green colour to something else?

Archived