GOODBYE 3430 AM AP SS HOME AWAY FM17.3.2 Knap

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Knap

Really enjoying your previous 3430 tactic (won French league and cup double first season with Toulouse).  Brilliant work, thank you!

Fancy trying this one, how rigid do you stick to the Home and Away?  Would it depend on opposition or simply use Home when at Home and Away when Away?

Thanks again

Mike

Counter is the better overall tactic, so I would use control for games you think you should win.

Can do the same with the SS Goodbye - In essence each increase in attacking mentality you decrease the tempo.

I do not set up set piece takers.

Man down depends - if losing then 2 AMs, If winning consider changing to a SUS. Another option is a fwd and 1 AM. Can even change to a flat back 4, if so stop WB runs.

AMCL : Left foot 
AMCR : Right foot

but in my current squad they are all right footed. I tend to see which players do well in each position and then keep to that format, unless not working and then I change them around during match.

I do not trust that testing league because of the tampering with Reputation. Also the test is in holiday mode unlike MR Ls test.

It would also be useful to show home for control and away counter as the results should be better.

3 hours ago, knap said:

Counter is the better overall tactic, so I would use control for games you think you should win.

Can do the same with the SS Goodbye - In essence each increase in attacking mentality you decrease the tempo.

hi there,

so do we use control when we are the favorite?

does this tactic work for second season and more? because I am having problems that second season is not as successful  as first season using your tactic (17.3.1 goodbye 3430 counter)

Control for favorite should work.

The test above is with the worst team in that league but with a low Reputation. If you carry out same test now with a high Reputation the results will not be as good.

Your second season your Reputation has increased and this appears to be a driver for results not going as well. As I test with Spurs, a high reputation club, then having a higher reputation should not make much difference. If your club does well with a low Rep, then you may need better players for the 2nd season. This Reputation test is repeatable with a wide range of tactic formations, not just narrow.

I play seasons changing tactic every few games and a little variation in tactics may help.

Tactic wise I have only changed front 3 not defence, but the AM AP may help defensively. There is also a Goodbye with 3 AMs but 1 of my players decided AP was the role he wanted to play. 

In real games I override and train roles.

Counter is the main tactic so I would use that if not favourite. With Spurs they should be favourite for all home games.

Ben Davies is red at WB which is a nonsense. I good attacking FB should work fine with a little retraining. I find it hard in LL to pick up these types of players.

A quick example of role misfits. The Left WB is Fish having a good game but is red for role (A WB with good finishing is helpful). A late sub is also red for role. Tactic being tested is a tweaked version of this tactic.

599171a4a6122_EbbsfleetvPoole_TacticsOverview.thumb.png.e87385bf97da8a33632bbb1a88a68555.png

Same game but with DL

599173ee921dd_EbbsfleetvPoole_TacticsOverview-2.thumb.png.62f129fa566cb275bfe1cbcab9bd9d12.png

Stats from game and yes the AI had only 1 sot in both games!

599174782bd26_EbbsfleetvPoole_StatsMatchStats.thumb.png.b0c1d12abb4b2017e163a8d722cd2503.png

18 minutes ago, KISSkin said:

How do you think this is the best tactic?

Dumb question but possibly one of the best.

20 minutes ago, KISSkin said:

Hey. Thanks for the tactics. Will there be such tactics with the striker?

He could make it but not much of a point due to tactics working better by being strikerless.

With Goodbye there are 4231 451 442 Targetman tactics also WOF Enganche. In general strikerless will be better  (All based on independent tests)but the others should do fine with stronger teams.

Goodbye 3430 is the top independently tested tactic. Tested over 180 games with sub top and under dog teams and Journeyman 3421(striker tactic) pretty close in performance.

Just to explain - GOODBYE Tactics use same underlying settings - WOF tactics uses different underlying settings. Journeyman is a cross between these tactic settings.

WOF tends to be better for top dog or sub top and GOODBYE Underdog.

Hey knap, you are a genius!!!

My first impressions of this tactic COUNTER have been amazing.

One question though, I know you wrote there should be a relation maintained between Tempo and Mentality. However, if I have a physically weaker squad or in LLM for example, my squad physical condition goes below 60% even. 

If I reduce the tempo of COUNTER version from High -> Normal, will it effect tactic's performance too much. Please advise. I remember a few of your tactics with COUNTER and Normal tempo, e.g. Journeyman.

I do not worry too much about condition, sub if you can or perhaps use a SUS tactic.

I had a final against Arsenal with a very tired West Ham team which shows you can still win.

588a39fd48351_WestHamvArsenal_OverviewOverview.png.c1bb2f4698bd16827c8f3a3c62f7b2e5.thumb.png.f8e5117a024999ff9774c402a2a88b71.png

19 hours ago, knap said:

Test with Spurs 2530 tactic

5991a51a7a156_EnglishPremierDivision_OverviewStages-7.thumb.png.206b692e6f4b482357011c206e392c60.png

I decided to tweak this a little bit (put the AP(A) into the defensive middfield as anchor man, and I tweaked the team instructions).  Now it's something like 2620.

I managed to win everything with Middlebrough in the third season. Won the CL-final vs Bayern 6 - 0! :)

Amazing tactic mate!

It may be possible but sometimes it does not work that well because it changes the structure of tactic. If looking to play 2 AMs and a Fwd then there is GOODBYE 3421. Although this has 2 SS roles just use AMs. 

It is stronger because of the set up of the 3 upfront, the defence has not changed. A tactic defends from the front to the back. If you change to add a fwd it will not work in same way

If you have a fwd you want to keep then retrain as the SS.

I can try to add a fwd but it may not defend as well as this formation.

This is a post form TommiHelm with a record of 198 games without losing with GOODBYE

99% on counter. Sometimes I change to defensive just to keep the other teams guessing if I feel we're starting to not get the right results.

Training until tactic is 100% fluid:
GOODBYE 3430 Knap FM 17.3.1-train1.jpg

Training after:
GOODBYE 3430 Knap FM 17.3.1-train2.jpg

If you bring in any new player in January change back to the first one until it's fluid again.

- Individual training: GK=Goalkeeper, DC=Ball playing defender, WBR/L=Complete wing backs, MCR/L=Box-to-box midfielders, AMC/R/L=Trequartista.
- Do as many friendly matches as possible against weak teams before season starts.
- Get an assistant manager with as high motivating skill as possible. It's all I care about. I have him do team talks, pre-match interviews and tunnel interviews. I think this might be very important.
- Get as good coaches, physios and scouts as you can manage. Especially physios and coaches. Don't underestimate this.
- No OI, at all.
- Try to have 2 players in each position and setup two team selections for full rotation. Making sure everyone is at full match fitness all the time. Never play a player below 90% unless you have no other.
- After a match rest all the players that are below 90% for 2 days manually (mark them in the squad screen using shift/ctrl on keyboard and clicking them, right-click choose training and rest 2 days).
- Fast attackers with "Play 1-2s" and good finishing or "Places shots" seem to be best for scoring goals. Midfielders should also be better at attacking then defending imo.

The above confirms the BWW position as a BBM, and in general I ignore the SI roles which included CDs or BPDs. I use BPDs in LL without problems but in this tactic BPDs have the edge

I tend to let ME decide but if you see an advantage when a specific player takes the, then add them and see what happens.

A few are using OI s so will post, but I do not see any advantage when testing.

I try various OIs in testing and so far not found any benefit. However, it may depend upon team and level so I stay open minded if players find them helpfull.

Archived