What I would add;

Andrew_Goats_Gruff

1. Manager wages, spend it like you can on New Star Soccer (cheesy but it adds a point to the wages)

2. Tapping up players, talking to players privately and risk gettin the club in trouble but also chance at signing some better quality

3. Watch your team train in 3d or 2d your match preperation and pick out things for them to improve on (if possible on a game)

4. Option to view full matches at 4 mins each half, so you can view the full game and not rely on stats alone

5. Live cup draws, see the balls in the pot and see them picked out.

6. Pick favourite team talks so during each team talk, only my preffered are their.

7. Explain to a player where you want him to cover and movements of the ball (same as number 3 really)

#4 could rank as the worst idea ever posted, what you're asking for is a FIFA style match engine that does not actually simulate a full match but simply speeds up time so that 1 minute in game equals 10 seconds in the real world.

1. Please read.
  2. Will never happen for obvious reasons.
  3. What exactly would you gain from watching your players train?
  4. Barside sums it up nicely. FM is a simulation, whereas your idea would turn it into a FIFA-like arcade game.
  5. They had this in Premier Manager in the late 90s, didn't they? It may look nice, but it wouldn't really suit the general feel of FM. The way cup draws look right now is fine as it is.
  6. Managers don't stick to the same old team talks week in week out.
  7. That aspect of FM could be better, of course... but I think that if you've got the right roles and duties set, you shouldn't be having too many problems.

I agree with most of the responses, although they might have been a little more tactful in their responses :lol:

But in response to #3 there are a few threads that have suggested this.  It's about the opportunity to practice and view such things as Set Pieces and test team instructions in a sand box environment.  It's probably the one purpose of training IRL that is missing from the training area.

Player development and understanding of current tactics are covered, but the ability to try new approaches with your team is largely down to Friendlies which don't allow for as much flexibility.  + you won't be able to look at changing things up mid season and test them in friendlies at larger clubs because most if not all of your 1st team are on international duty when the opportunity arises.  

Other threads go further but that's it in a nut shell.  Like it or dislike it, it's an opinion.

• 3 months later...

Archived