Random Second Language

Hi Everyone

I've just realised listed in my profile on my current save, that has been running for 8 seasons, I have listed under my languages "Italian (Basic)"... I didn't select a second language, never have done, so I don't understand how it got there... My last save on FM15 before I turned to FM17, was in Italy, 5 seasons at Lecce and of course developed the Italian language, but surely that has nothing to do with this?

I have just been approached for the Italian national job, so I am guessing my basic Italian has something to do with that, but again, how and why would a random language appear? Any ideas? Anyone ever noticed this before?

1 hour ago, CiaranReid said:

Didn't i see you down at Leicester college doing that 12 week Italian for beginners course :cool:

:lol: definitely not... would need more than 12 weeks for a start!

1 hour ago, cris182 said:

Do your board or staff contain Italians? Maybe it is the basics of that rubbing off on you 

No, all the board members at present are English... It seems so random... 

Anytime I select "American" as nationality, I automatically get "Spanish" as a fluent language. I guess SI assumes that everyone here speaks Spanish. (Me personally, I'm really good at ordering dinner at Taco Bell, but that's as far as that goes.) And I've become fluent by coaching in countries or for national teams, but managers don't get the opportunity to take accelerated language courses. 

9 hours ago, podunkboy said:

Anytime I select "American" as nationality, I automatically get "Spanish" as a fluent language. I guess SI assumes that everyone here speaks Spanish. (Me personally, I'm really good at ordering dinner at Taco Bell, but that's as far as that goes.) And I've become fluent by coaching in countries or for national teams, but managers don't get the opportunity to take accelerated language courses. 

Strange... If you select English, you shouldn't get the chance of a second language because we are too lazy to ever learn another language! (apologies to those who actually are not lazy enough to learn...)

I haven't coached anywhere other than Cambridge on this save... No idea where it has come from.

I have noticed that sometimes players I have signed but will join the team after months or a season, start to learn the language of the nation my team currently comes from. Maybe there was an interest of an Italian team or the national team and you have started learning the language...

After Ranieri perhaps Leicester see the benefit of Italian. Possibly the players loved their Pizza so much thats where the Club lunches each day and now it's rubbed off. 

If you put Glaswegian as place of birth does English get listed as ''supposed to be''? Or Birmingham language listed as ''bolloks''?

Archived