Community players for Amateur Teams

sanfrozus

I am a member of a semi-professional club  In real life, and as such, I am familiar with its day-to-day affairs.

One of which is that once in a while, local amateur players offer their services to the club.

When that club was still amateur, players without any prior career in football whatsoever would be amongst them, and those "volunteers", so to speak, would be a primary source for our team.

I think it would be a nice addition to playing amateur and semi professional clubs to have newly generated, as well as existing local players approach the club once in a while(mostly during pre-season),  thus giving a more realistic way for lower league management to fill up a squad.

On 22/08/2017 at 15:14, sanfrozus said:

I am a member of a semi-professional club  In real life, and as such, I am familiar with its day-to-day affairs.

One of which is that once in a while, local amateur players offer their services to the club.

When that club was still amateur, players without any prior career in football whatsoever would be amongst them, and those "volunteers", so to speak, would be a primary source for our team.

I think it would be a nice addition to playing amateur and semi professional clubs to have newly generated, as well as existing local players approach the club once in a while(mostly during pre-season),  thus giving a more realistic way for lower league management to fill up a squad.

Good idea. It's one aspect of lower league football FM struggles with. Too often you see teams full of teenage regens.

• 3 months later...

Archived