Will VAR included in FM18?

Same as rl, fewer errors from the officials & a sense of drama (if done correctly) plus if VAR is permanently adopted as step closer to realism.

If it becomes the standard then I guess fair enough, but until then I'd resist putting it in.  Just don't really see what it adds.  Refereeing mistakes are coded in, but I'm not sure having a ceremony where they get "corrected" (which is not necessarily going to be the case for all of them in real life anyway) really adds a huge amount.  You're just extending a situation which you don't really have a huge window into anyway.  Say it's a contentious foul - does the 3D ME have enough definition for you to tell either way?  Offsides are maybe slightly more apt, but even then they're difficult to see 100% if they're really marginal.  

Given that goal-line technology was used at the last World Cup in 2014 and it's not in the game yet, I would think that the likelihood of VAR being added for FM18 is very slim...

in Italy as well is a thing and although only 2 rounds have been played so far it has already made an impact both in  good than in bad terms.

Juventus hadn't conceded a penalty when playing home for 31 consecutive games, 1st round tackle in the penalty area - referee gives a corner kick - "Silent check" from the VAR - referee gets notified and goes to the monitor to watch the replay - goes back to the penalty area and gives a penalty against Juventus - it was missed in the end... drama for nothing :)

2nd round - Juventus playing away to Genoa. Another tackle in Juventus penalty area but referee doesn't see it. Silent Check - referee goes to check - back on the pitch - Penalty! This time they score but VAR was wrong. It was indeed a penalty but the player was offside when received the ball.

There have been other episodes like Benevento equalising in the 90+7th minute - the crowd was cheering, players cheering. VAR deems the scorer offside and disallows the goal.

There is drama, tension between the moment the referee tells everybody he's going to use the VAR and the moment he then comes with the final verdict. It wouldn't add nothing more than theme to a wonderful game.

Even if it is in, it's likely only to be one or two extra commentary line. You won't see any delay of the game. For eg, after a goal line incident, the commentary will be like the ref watch beeps, it's a goal. Goal!!!

Archived