Your Player man marked

one of my players a CM with Attacking duty was specifically marked by the opposing team CM. 

I play with a 4-3-3 with wide attackers and as a counter move I tried to take an advantage by aggressively playing on my AM L advanced playmaker with the purpose of playing in the space left by their player following mine but with no success.

What do you do in these cases? Do you try to switch position with a fellow midfielder? Or you just play your game and that's it?

you just dont know how the opponent is marking him. if it is by position, having him switch positions can work. then you can have his replacement play a different role, and could potentially have them man mark a defensive player

if he is man marked specifically, it will obviously pill the defender even further out to make even more space to exploit :)

the easiest option though is to have good players that can lose a marker, and as @HUNT3R said have a balanced team so 1 man being marked doesnt neutralise your entire team

Or try an isolate the marked player against  JUST the marker. Play wider, get wide players to hug line,get forward to look behind as af or poacher. Can you slpli your cm a from the other two cm in your team. If he is that good the marker will make a mistake in the 90 meaning cover will have to come from further away leaving space.

Archived