More Fixture Scheduling and Television Selection Realism

Super Hoop

Perhaps not the most exciting of threads, but I do have a few suggestions for future improvements regarding the fixture scheduling:

• The Premier League Saturday lunchtime matches kick off at 12:45 instead of 12:30.
  • Europa League matches usually start at 19:45 rather than 18:00 and 20:05.
  • Premier League matches are often being scheduled for television coverage at later dates than they would really be, which does affect which games are picked, and accordingly clubs' revenue, while the matches on the last day of the season are often picked a few weeks in advance, rather than after round 37.
  • Championship games are often scheduled during Round 2 of the League Cup, meaning they then have to be rearranged, often to the September international break.
  • If you postpone a League One or League Two game in the international break due to a lack of players, it is sometimes rearranged to take place at a later date during the international break and then cannot be moved again.
  • The game doesn't take into account policing when scheduling, meaning that two teams from the same city are often at home on the same day when they wouldn't be in real life.

I know most of these don't really matter, but they are small details that could be fixed fairly easily for FM18.

7 hours ago, Super Hoop said:

Perhaps not the most exciting of threads, but I do have a few suggestions for future improvements regarding the fixture scheduling:

• The Premier League Saturday lunchtime matches kick off at 12:45 instead of 12:30.
  • Europa League matches usually start at 19:45 rather than 18:00 and 20:05.
  • Premier League matches are often being scheduled for television coverage at later dates than they would really be, which does affect which games are picked, and accordingly clubs' revenue, while the matches on the last day of the season are often picked a few weeks in advance, rather than after round 37.
  • Championship games are often scheduled during Round 2 of the League Cup, meaning they then have to be rearranged, often to the September international break.
  • If you postpone a League One or League Two game in the international break due to a lack of players, it is sometimes rearranged to take place at a later date during the international break and then cannot be moved again.
  • The game doesn't take into account policing when scheduling, meaning that two teams from the same city are often at home on the same day when they wouldn't be in real life.

I know most of these don't really matter, but they are small details that could be fixed fairly easily for FM18.

Some great observations here a few of which i have noticed.

• 3 months later...

Archived