How much far away are we from realistic graphics?

xambo

Would you want to see the game 3D match engine become very realistic ?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want to see the games 3D match engine become very realistic ?

• Yes, I would definitely like it to be realistic.
    • Realistic is fine with me as long as it does not need a high-end PC to work.
    • I dont mind the idea but I would prefer the developers concentrate on more important features.
    • I am against photo realistic 3D match engine as it does not add much to benefit the game.

Just a thought that crossed my mind is how much far away are we from seeing photo realistic graphics during the 3D match engine. With the very fast improvement in graphics in the game each year plus the fast growing technology I dont think it would be impossible to reach that level of realism. Not that it is what the game developers would want from the game itself nor many of the costumers who still love the 2D engine. Its just a matter of if the developers wanted to implement it correctly when would that be possible in scale of time. lets say in years?

Would definitely be something interesting to see in the future managing a team in a match that looks very real. 

You also have to consider that EA have a lot more money than SI and motion capture is expensive and time consuming, whilst FIFA/PES can both cheat as unlike FM they don't replicate a full match so can get away with less animations in certain areas.

The other issue you have is performance it seems most users play FM on relatively low powered laptops whilst FM is also doing a far bit of work in the background compared to FIFA and I don't think it was until recently that EA even used the full current-gen engine in their PC versions and I think the PC version of PES still lags behind the console versions?

Even if the tech was their there isn't as much need for photo-realistic graphics in FM compared to FIFA as most people tend to use the further out cameras where the minute detail wouldn't even be noticeable, and time would be better spend adding more animations to add some more variety rather than going down a photo-realistic route.

• 2 months later...

Archived