[Suggestion] Easier (league) finance editing

mmmikey

Obligatory "I've been playing since dawn of time"

One thing that is present in modern football, is the consolidating of power of the elite clubs. There are probably 3-4 runaway "ludicrously rich" teams right now, in PSG, Man City and Chelsea, and then arguably a second tier like Barca, Real, Man utd, Bayern. Whether you can consider them all the same tier I don't mind, my point remains the same.

What I was looking to do in FM17, was edit the Premier League TV money and prize funds in order to restore balance to Europe. Let teams like Celtic, Ajax, Partizan, Steau Bucharest, etc, etc.. be relevant in the Champions League again.

I get that FM is realistic, and that sadly the likes of WBA will be blowing these teams out the water for transfer fees. But I think it would be great to be able to easily restructure finances and have a European system where teams are judged on coaching, tactics, culture and development, as opposed to incredible transfer fees.

I also understand that - to an extent - this is possible in the current editor. However - to make these changes as it stands, you need to re-create entire nation league structures!

I think this is way out of scope for what should really be quite an easy function within the editor.

For me, this would bring a whole new excitement to the game. Back to the heady days of the 80s and 90s (especially for me) where not-so-rich teams were able to surprise us in Europe.

• 3 months later...

Archived