More emphasis on philosophies and more types

xambo

More emphasis on philosophies and more additions ?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. More emphasis on philosophies and more additions ?

• I strongly agree this area needs to be addressed.
    • I slightly agree with the idea. It needs little enhancing,
    • I disagree with this idea. The current system is good enough.

The club philosophy that has been added in recent versions of the game are great but I feel that they need more emphasis and more additions. 

What I mean by emphasis is make it more difficult to remove certain philosophies during negotiating a contract. Right now it is very easy to just remove them all and not add more responsibility. It seems unless you as a manager prefer to play a certain philosophy you can have it without the club having a hard say on it. I would prefer some clubs stand firm on some philosophies to force the manager to adapt to different philosophies. 

Some types of philosophies that I would like to be added are :

- having more players from same league nation in squad (some teams do that already in real football)

- having the financial balance always in the positive (since you control spending)

-  add more types of football play philosophies

I am sure there are more types that I can't think of this moment.  

• 1 month later...

Glad one of my suggestions made it through to FM18. Managing Manchester United and during philosophies meeting and for the first time the club stood firm on playing attacking football and develop youth players through youth system. As I tried removing the philosophies but they rejected the request. Now this makes it very interesting to have to adapt to different philosophies of different clubs. 

• 1 month later...

Archived