[Discussion] Real time transfers

Guest El Payaso

Guest El Payaso

Long story short: real time transfers.

For me it would add a bit of realism to the game if transfers in the database would happen in real time instead of you having all the players on your disposal right from the start. For example if I started a career on FM 18 with Chelsea, I would have Zappacosta and Drikwater in the team on the deadline day instead of straight from the beginning. And of course the same thing when the winter database update comes. 

I don't see a reason why not.

It doesn't make sense, especially in the January window.

What happens if that player breaks his leg before he is due to join?

What happens if a player plays a position you aren't going to use?

What happens if you don't need that player?

What happens if you sign a different player?

What happens if the selling team don't want to sell?

What happens if the player doesn't want to join?

Basically as soon as you press continue your FM save is an alternate universe and the further you go the more it differs from real life.  Summer transfers joining on the dates they did in RL is fair and possibly could be done but that would be the limit IMO.

Not my thread, but I'll try to answer the questions:

What happens if that player breaks his leg before he is due to join?

A. Then he arrives injured. It happens in real life.

What happens if a player plays a position you aren't going to use?

What happens if you don't need that player?

What happens if you sign a different player?

A. You could say these things about many players that are already at the club anyway. Also, this is again a real-life issue. I remember when Rafael Benitez joined Liverpool in 2004, a deal for Djibril Cisse had already been agreed, despite Rafa not wanting him. Another one is Milan Jovanovic, who Benitez arranged a free transfer for before he got sacked, but Hodgson didn't really play him, nor did Kenny Dalglish later on in the season.

What happens if the selling team don't want to sell?

A. If this feature were implemented, then I assume that the transfers would already be set at the start of the game, with the selling club unable to cancel the transfer. Pre-arranged transfers are already a thing in Football Manager, and I even remember it as far back as CM 00-01 when Igor Biscan had a pre-arranged transfer to Liverpool.

What happens if the player doesn't want to join?

A. He's already agreed a transfer, so of course he wants to sign, especially if he actually has signed in real life.

10 hours ago, El Payaso said:

I don't see a reason why not

Double work. Not our problem, but still a problem.

Every transfer will need to be set as future transfers. That's fine, no more work than currently. Then, just after release, every transfer will need to have the future transfer removed and the player actually transferred to the new team with finances updated too.

Then (a minor point and one I don't even care about), how often do you see "I can't wait to start a new save with Player X in the team". I'm sure these people will all be annoyed at having to wait till January for the player to join.

Guest El Payaso
8 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

Double work. Not our problem, but still a problem.

Every transfer will need to be set as future transfers. That's fine, no more work than currently. Then, just after release, every transfer will need to have the future transfer removed and the player actually transferred to the new team with finances updated too.

Then (a minor point and one I don't even care about), how often do you see "I can't wait to start a new save with Player X in the team". I'm sure these people will all be annoyed at having to wait till January for the player to join.

What do you mean? After release of course they would still be future transfers as you would always start the game from July and still would get the players on August or whenever they will move. 

Yes, well I also think that there are players that like realism and this would definitely be that. If for example City will get Alexis on January it is quite decisively if in the DB you will have him straight from the beginning. Decisive yes but realistic, no. 

3 minutes ago, El Payaso said:

What do you mean? After release of course they would still be future transfers as you would always start the game from July and still would get the players on August or whenever they will move.

I'm not sure what needs clarification?

SI/researchers will need to change the database twice, check it twice etc. Once to prepare for xx.3 release with future transfers and then actually do the transfers for the next version of FM. Double work.

Guest El Payaso
1 minute ago, HUNT3R said:

I mean exactly that? I'm not sure what needs clarification?

SI/researchers will need to change the database twice, check it twice etc. Once to prepare for xx.3 release with future transfers and then actually do the transfers for the next version of FM. Double work.

Well but that is way more realistic way.

• 2 months later...

Archived