[Suggestion] National team loyalty

Mozzy

If you're the manager of a national teams U21s or U19s, as in real life you should be more likely to get the place of senior manager (should it come up) than anyone external from the set-up. Just a suggestion, I'm not even sure if this exists in game or not. What do you think ?

On 11.09.2017 at 09:49, Samaroy said:

Not sure if this is the case in real life?

I feel like it is in SOME select few nations but would depend on results etc. in which case it would be reflected in the game already through relationships and confidence with FA

Maybe create it in a way that when the senior team manager spot is vacant you're automatically in the running for the job, but if they'll find a better managers with bigger reputations your chances obviously are getting smaller. You could be given an option to talk with the media or the federation in order to better your chances or declare that you have nothing against your candidature. This way if no manager is interested in that job or none of the available ones are better (stats / reputation / how long you've been managing the team) you may be get the job in an opportunistic turn of events. 

This would solve the issue you presented, because:

1. It's safe to say that if there were NO better option possible and granted that national team don't want to be manager-less for long time a federation would need to take some action and make an offer to a proven national coach of theirs

2. at the same time, handling it like that this would work for the nations with small reputation and not very desirable jobs, as it would be also logical for them to just promote a coach

On 9/15/2017 at 07:33, Sopel said:

Maybe create it in a way that when the senior team manager spot is vacant you're automatically in the running for the job, but if they'll find a better managers with bigger reputations your chances obviously are getting smaller. You could be given an option to talk with the media or the federation in order to better your chances or declare that you have nothing against your candidature. This way if no manager is interested in that job or none of the available ones are better (stats / reputation / how long you've been managing the team) you may be get the job in an opportunistic turn of events. 

This would solve the issue you presented, because:

1. It's safe to say that if there were NO better option possible and granted that national team don't want to be manager-less for long time a federation would need to take some action and make an offer to a proven national coach of theirs

2. at the same time, handling it like that this would work for the nations with small reputation and not very desirable jobs, as it would be also logical for them to just promote a coach

Yeah I like this - I feel like this is similar to how the club managerial system works - the ass man gets the caretaker role and sometimes gets given the role full time - although certainly not often enough for my liking

Overall like the idea but I feel like this can be done via a tweak of the relationships tab and maybe an implementation of your suggestion within the coding of the game - Making a caretaker or for national teams the u21s or u23s coach automatically in the running for a vacant senior position

a good youth coach is not necessarily equipped to manager to manage at the senior level.... Stuart Pearce is a good example.

Personally I would rather see the good national youth coaches be integrated in some way to the first team to build up knowledge and experience

Additionally we live in a football world where expectation is high and career lengths small so it would be daft to put a junior coach forward before he is at the right level

From an FM level I'm sure its taken into account in some small way but lets see what SI say

• 2 months later...

Archived