Luckiest British Steel

kkfootball

So, I started a British Steel Challenge. I'm a few seasons in so this update will be a brief text only update.

Worcester: I started the challenge off in the Vanarama Conference North with the club Worcester. I struggled with a 4-4-2 and switched to a 4-1-2-2-1 and ended up dominating games. I also developed a 4-2-4 tactic to catch teams off guard. Realizing my quality of players weren't great enough, I brought in a general manager. The GM brought in multiple loan players who performed phenomenally for me. This brought me into the playoffs which I won handily. 

Charlton: Miraculously, Charlton's manager resigned to take over another club and I was allowed to take over. They were still technically in league 1, but they had already secured promotion. This means I was able to take over a championship team in my second season. With the help of Billy Clarke (18 goals, 21 assists, 7.56 rating) I secured 1st place in the championship using the 4-3-1-2 formation.

Charlton year 2: Now I'm in the EPL and bring in two perfect fits into my system. Although Tony Watt (33 goals previously) and Josh Magennis (19 goals 11 assists previously) were great, they didn't even have good enough stats to be successful Championship strikers. Therefore, enter James Wilson ($7.5 million) )and Andy Carroll ($1.1 million). In their first season Wilson scored 31 goals and 20 assists in the league and Andy Carroll scored 22 and assisted 18. Other notable signings include, Ryan Gauld (on loan later purchased for $25 million 16 goals 13 assists ~7.6 average rating), Liam Moore (7.43 rating), Reuben Loftus-Cheek (previously on loan brought in for 5.5 million average rating 7.19), and George Thorne (free 11 goals 7 assists 7.54 average rating). All in all, I finished 6th with the most goals in the league. In addition, I won the FA cup.

Charlton year 3: I was set to win the title if I improved the back line. I brought in Joe Gomez ($30 million). All is good right? Wrong. I screwed up. I lost sight of what was           important and made the following transfers out, Ainsley Maitland-Niles (bought for 0 sold for $80 million), Ruben Loftus-Cheek (bought for $5.5 million sold for $45 million), and James Wilson (bought for $7.5 million sold for 50 million). I had some serious money to play with and some major gaps to fill. To replace Maitland-Niles I brought in Lewis Cook for 15 million. To replace Loftus-Cheek I brought in Will Hughes for 45 million. Finally, to replace Wilson I brought in Ben Woodburn ($110 million), Daniel Sturridge (free), and Theo Walcott (free). Zoom forward to where I am today and  you'll see I won the league and the EFL cup. 

I have won all I can win in the Championship and Premiership. Therefore, I look forward to where my travels take me next.

Trophies: FA Cup (2), EFL Cup (1), EPL (1), Community  Shield (1), Championship (1)

Manager Stats:

Badge: Continental A

Fav Formation: 4-3-1-2

Career Stats: 205 Games Played, 510 goals scored, 225 goals conceded, 134 games won, 35 games drawn, 36 games lost.

Total Career Earnings: $1.7 million.

Transfers: $303 million spent, 210 received.

P.S. I brought in a 19 y/o Ukrainian Striker set to arrive next season (don't worry I am not using him) as it was a great deal for a great player and Andy Carrol, Sturridge, and Walcott and close to retirement. I do this because I want to see Charlton do well. 

Archived