How would go about encouraging another team's fullbacks to come forward?

So I'm trying to think about a counter attacking tactic and how I could implement it but one of the things I've noticed is that it is very difficult to create wide spaces. I've tried playing  wingers/IF higher up but that just forces the other team's fullbacks too deep and I get no space. What i'm thinking of doing is somehow encouraging the FBs to come forward, i would have deep wingers or players who start in the middle but when attacking they move to the wings to exploit the space.

Is it a case of overloading the wide areas? Essentially having attacking wingbacks overlapping the wingers? But i don't really want control, I just want open spaces that I can run into on the counter, I know different teams play differently so that's why I'm asking if I can encourage the opposition FBs to come forward before the counter?

Thanks for any help, I'm still learning how to implement my own tactics and trying to learn the different ways players behave in possession vs out of possession. 

On Monday, September 18, 2017 at 18:51, bcereus said:

So I'm trying to think about a counter attacking tactic and how I could implement it but one of the things I've noticed is that it is very difficult to create wide spaces. I've tried playing  wingers/IF higher up but that just forces the other team's fullbacks too deep and I get no space. What i'm thinking of doing is somehow encouraging the FBs to come forward, i would have deep wingers or players who start in the middle but when attacking they move to the wings to exploit the space.

Is it a case of overloading the wide areas? Essentially having attacking wingbacks overlapping the wingers? But i don't really want control, I just want open spaces that I can run into on the counter, I know different teams play differently so that's why I'm asking if I can encourage the opposition FBs to come forward before the counter?

Thanks for any help, I'm still learning how to implement my own tactics and trying to learn the different ways players behave in possession vs out of possession. 

Try dropping your defensive line to deeper or slightly deeper in those games and increasing tempo from "normal" higher.

Since I dunno your tactics,I Wong put a guess in whether you should play "CoUnter" mentality or not.so just try the initial advice. 

Archived