[FM17] How Andorra somehow became the Catalan football capital.

MarcxD

January 2026

PFYmqw2g.png

Near perfect, just went out of the cup against Barça.

QbP5qoG.png

A huge lead in the league, although Real Madrid still has played two games less than we have.

The faciltiies have been upgraded, and the board approved another one right away.

2cw55A4.png

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

February 2026

9fqMr2L.png

The first league loss in a while was a bit of a dissapointment but thankfully the morale was still very high and the rest of the month were a bunch of wins. Through to the next round of the EL where we'll face PSV.

AAAu0cN.png

7 points ahead of Real who'll be playing their two games in hand in the next month. If they keep winning it could be a very tense championship battle.

yz4EYdM.png

This is very worrisome! He is my first-choice striker and has been absolutely in amazing form.

0oibQv2.png

42 minutes ago, deltablue said:

Good luck holding on without Simms. 

Thank you. The goals have dried up a bit sadly.

xAjOgQC.png

Another first-team player getting injured doesn't help things either. 

March 2026

7lJefgJ.png

Less goals and a bunch of points lost, most importantly we lost against Real Madrid who now have an advantage. We just went through against PSV, would've liked to see that go a bit more smoothly... Quarter finals will be against Marseille.

xrUQaoH.png

3 points lead, but Real Madrid still have not played their games in hand, now they are scheduled towards the end of the season. 

YbCgpyD.png

Once again 1 very promising players, a bunch of others were signed as well though. For the first time a player from a affiliate club got in as well - Zulte Waregem is our Belgian affiliate and Kenan Aktas is the first result of that link.

tT8j34U.png

This guy looks reaally good but I don't use an AMC! not quite sure how to retrain him yet. winger or MC? or even striker..

XxNuNcR.png

FJRuIIH.png

18 hours ago, BillHoudini24 said:

He could become a very good Complete Forward, or False 9/Trequartista. Hope you can make it happen in the League, I hate Real Madrid. :D

Not a bad shout actually. I'm certainly considering it. 

More of a Barça fan I take it? I hope I can do it too...

April 2026

IYqBer0.png

Really a good month to be fair but if we want to win the title we should win each game right now. We had a bit of a scare in Marseille but we made it to the semi-finals where we had a very good first leg against Lazio. If we make it to the final we could play either Liverpool or ... Real Madrid.

kVYTWbO.png

Real Madrid has lost some points this month but they still have the advantage. Their games are not necessarily the hardest but they will have a very busy schedule.

uff24uf.png

We really needed to win against Espanyol but at least we made it very securely to the final where we won't be facing Real Madrid but Liverpool!

kBtkpDi.png

One game.

We will be playing Athletic while Real Madrid will face Valencia. Both at home. It's not likely, but it's still possible.

1xJeYBw.png

We played on saturday and did our job. Now we wait and see.

xEzqBtf.png

Sadly, it was not to be. Real Madrid have won the  league.

eRvT2QF.png

We were so very close. It really was an incredible season but this shows how tough this league is to win.

Season Review 2025-2026

3f9tLLF.png

In reality a magnificent season which just left a bit of a bad taste after Real Madrid overtook us in the end. Can't really complain elsewhere. 

QEJl0is.png

Half the team of the year were filled by my players, and especially the defense was highly rated as you can see.

6ac6NDl.png

After two years of coming third Aragones has won the GK of the year trophy.

xMYKrjf.png

Because of his injury Simms just missed out on the top scorer trophy but 31 goals is still magnificent.

owoqpNc.png

Simms got third in player of the year as well, but the #1 spot has gone to Liam Gauld. Oh so deserved because look at those assists!

PcVQula.png

The young player of the year award was dominated by my players and I'm very happy to see that it was won by one of the club's youth players.

keUBQXj.png

I won manager of the year for the third time in a row.

Best Eleven's:

1awH7cn.png8A0gUar.png

32aX2QM.png

Edited by MarcxD

UvS4vxD.png

Of course the squad is still very young, and with many of the players on long-term deals there could be many more good things to come. Note the average ratings and huge increases in player values here.

The 4 talents from the club's intakes that I've most used this season:

lgrFbc3.png

A couple of games played and a good development for young goalkeeper Martín. He's not quite as good as Aragones yet but he's getting there.

T8nYdom.png

What a season this guy has had, very promising for the future, even though he has a long way to go yet. 

sTPDIlT.png

Still going strong. Still developing.

kMVORBY.png

But this is the real star so far. He keeps on developing and I'm very happy that I've been able to get him to sign a contract until 2031. Of course there are still a lot of places where he can improve. I really wonder how far he can go.

QYG2X9g.png

He has been called up to the World Cup by Portugal so maybe he will make his debut.

54 minutes ago, Madoglio said:

Bro, where can I download the DB that you are using? In a DB tht I downloaded Andorra begins as a Professional club.

I got it from a spanish website with a little bit of Google Translate. I think it was this one https://www.fmsite.net/files/file/572-españa-sistema-de-ligas-hasta-3ª-división/ 

As I said in the first post though, you need to holiday for a season for them to get promoted from a lower tier division.

Note that there are two clubs in Spain called Andorra, F.C. Andorra is actually based in Andorra while Andorra without the F.C. is not. 

(not sure why this post is formatted so weirdly)

Edited by MarcxD

38 minutes ago, MarcxD said:

I got it from a spanish website with a little bit of Google Translate. I think it was this one https://www.fmsite.net/files/file/572-españa-sistema-de-ligas-hasta-3ª-división/ 

As I said in the first post though, you need to holiday for a season for them to get promoted from a lower tier division.

Note that there are two clubs in Spain called Andorra, F.C. Andorra is actually based in Andorra while Andorra without the F.C. is not. 

Thanks!!! Good luck in the next season!

Pre-Season 2026-2027

This year I want to win the title and get to the knock-out rounds in the CL.

L587qza.png

A nice little boost of the TV Money again.

wZvXyzk.png

The budgets got another boost, although not a huge one this year. The increase in wages has been growing quicker, although it can be balanced of course by using the transfer budget and by loaning out some players. The increase in budgets comes along with some higher expectations - we are expected to make the top 4.

ry39Tse.pngHQF6VA9.png

I got in some first team and back-up players, got rid of some deadwood and loaned out a bunch of players, either for profit or for development - or both.

Since Laureano Orti is the biggest buy yet - 9M is not really all that much but I've been thrifty so far here he is: RwNd0n9.png

Certainly a decent-looking central defender, I'll be using him as a rotational/back-up. Last year I played pretty much the entire season with the same 2 central defenders but if any one of them couldn't play the level of ability dropped too much.

h76CWh1.png

We are predicted to finish 5th this year and have entered the realm of the single-digit odds.

Some other random stuff happened as well. After the world cup a couple of European nations wanted to hire me.

q11VZ16.png

I rejected all of them, even though I thought for a little bit about the Spain offer.

PsmzJsA.png

I also decided to hire Ismael, who did very well for us in the Segunda B and Segunda divisions and stuck around for a couple of seasons as back-up (But hardly played) in La Liga. Apparently no other clubs really wanted him and he retired very early on. He became a manager though and I decided to take him on.

oC8ce5x.png

The best pre-season so far, with a perfect run - and we won the super cup!

JK0ku5f.png

A very decent win against a super strong side. Very pleasing!

Last thing to note that happened in pre-season was the draw for the Champions League. 

wGhfeCo.png

We have to face Benfica again, who definitely were better than us last year. Time for some revenge. Juventus is usually strong as well, so not an easy group at all. We really need to finish at least second though. Whether that'll be at the cost of Juventus of Benfica remains to be seen.

Edited by MarcxD

August 2026

1OQ3IoR.png

Two 3-0 wins is a lovely way to start the season!

qdOcJye.png

Atlético did even better and the big 4 - yes I include F.C. Andorra in that group - have all started perfectly.

Edited by MarcxD

3 hours ago, MarcxD said:

1 season and nothing...

I am enjoying following this and it is about time I posted, so close last season but a great start so far.................. so fingers crossed.

Well done beating Liverpool in the Europa League but it was even better to see you beat the Gooners. :applause:

20 hours ago, MarcxD said:

Not a bad shout actually. I'm certainly considering it. 

More of a Barça fan I take it? I hope I can do it too...

Yeap, Barca fan in Spain, they played great football for the past 9-10 years. You are about to win the league, you got pretty unlucky, but winning two European trophies was sensational.

Providing newgens for the Andorra National Team, this save is going places!

8 hours ago, Maw74 said:

I am enjoying following this and it is about time I posted, so close last season but a great start so far.................. so fingers crossed.

Well done beating Liverpool in the Europa League but it was even better to see you beat the Gooners. :applause:

Thank you, really appreciate it. Spurs are actually the only English team to beat us yet... 

7 hours ago, kidthekid said:

The dominance is about to begin, and you have still haven't made a mega signing. Wow

It does surprise me how little I've spent so far, but i've been really lucky with the youth intake where Borges, Vazquez and Garcia came through and some of the cheap buys like Andre Silva (he only cost 5K!). These players have had the ability to grow with the club over the past couple of seasons. 

3 hours ago, BillHoudini24 said:

Yeap, Barca fan in Spain, they played great football for the past 9-10 years. You are about to win the league, you got pretty unlucky, but winning two European trophies was sensational.

Providing newgens for the Andorra National Team, this save is going places!

Oh sure I agree, they (did) play some lovely football. I'm more of a neutral fan though.

Hopefully the andorran team is going to improve soon, they're now around 120th of the world but the results are still too poor with some of the players that have come through my youth intakes. Perhaps after this season I'll try to take the job again (maybe with the help of a new added manager to make the job available).

18 hours ago, deltablue said:

Tough luck missing out on the title last season. 

Yeah, thanks. This season has started well but I'm not confident until we actually do it after last season!

13 hours ago, WeegieFM said:

Just caught up. Cracking save!!! 

Thank you!

October 2026

IuDpInd.png

Another perfect month - especially pleasing to beat Atlético and to get another win in the CL.

ZHztP2J.png

Flawless start to the season so far. Not getting ahead of myself but things are looking very good indeed.

November 2026

fHvCGE4.png

Another very good month - still 100% in the league! 

(Forgot to take a screenshot of the league table and have played a bit further ahead - but 13 wins out of 13 means we're still very secure #1)

P88vmwT.png

Both facilities have been upgraded... not long now until the upgrading is complete.

December 2026

BEaN3zw.png

The first loss in the league away at Barcelona and more points dropped against Levante, but still a good month in all reality. Benfica remains unbeaten against us.

jKNE6ct.png

Still we're through to the knock-out rounds without having lost. We'll be facing AC Milan next.

iW8z5lI.png

A lead of 9 points sounds like a lot but last season has shown that Real Madrid is a danger no matter what. Atlético and Barça are not far behind either.

January 2027

gvEBMkB.png

Busy January like most years now with the Copa del Rey games. Two losses and a draw in the league dampen the mood a bit. Through to the semi-final in the Cup though, where we'll face.... Real Madrid.

0jWBGC3.png

...And the lead is gone. 

zCYKp4P.png

Some good facilities news at least.

43 minutes ago, Toffle said:

I guess you will be able to edit the topic title very soon :rolleyes:

Haha not yet, after 1 title - if we even manage that this year - F.C. Andorra is hardly a bigger club than Barcelona. But we're getting there.

Edited by MarcxD

February 2027

cdsJhSF.png

Just defeated in the cup by Real Madrid, two hardfought wins in the league and a dissapointing loss in the CL. Still have a chance to go through of course, but still. 

jPy5KIS.png

This season it seems we're the club with the games in hand - and things look a bit better again.

March 2027

6HmGnu2.png

Two strong wins to start the month but a very disappointing collapse against Valencia at home. We also weren't able to beat AC Milan at home so we're out of the Champions League. If we don't win the league this will be a slightly disappointing season.

0M6GVem.png

We're still looking good there, with Real Madrid gaining 1 point on us but we still have the two games in hand.

XjfF060.png

A similar intake to last year's, a very talented AMC and a Belgian kid. 

9rnddtQ.png

Professional, determination 19... the things that are promising. But there are very obvious lacking attributes here for retraining. I will try to make an MC out of him probably, although his poor positioning and marking are problematic. A winger might also be possible perhaps

z4yvbLF.png

We did our job.

KOSYwbO.png

But Real Madrid kept their winning streak going... there seems to be more of a chance this year though because Real Madrid play their last game of the season away at Atlético. What a narrative - either they win the title in their rivals' stadium or their rivals help us win the title. We have to play Real Sociedad, usually a winnable game.