Assigning a Set Piece Taker

is it possible to assign a set Piece to a Role/Position in your team rather than a specific player

e.g Left throw ins are taken by whichever player plays in the left back position OR the player playing as the DLP takes the free kicks Or the player playing as the right winger always take the corners etc. 

Also is there a way to differentiate between the free kick taker that takes shot at goal and the free kick taker who plays those that are further out which need to be passed/crossed.

thanks

16 minutes ago, Egecann said:

Yes it is. In set piece creator just drag&drop the position behind the ball.

When it comes to your second question, unfortunately it isn't possible. This definitely should be in FM18.

thanks for the reply,

when i drag the player-position over to the empty shirt icon which is the taker, the text 'taker' appears i drop the icon i dragged but the icon goes back to its original position and no taker is selected.

Am i missing something obvious to make this work? i attempt to do this by clicking on tactics tab on the left, then Set Pieces tab at the top, then i go into the drop down menus throws in, free kicks etc from there, assuming this is the place to make the change

8 minutes ago, Johan 14 Cruyff said:

thanks for the reply,

when i drag the player-position over to the empty shirt icon which is the taker, the text 'taker' appears i drop the icon i dragged but the icon goes back to its original position and no taker is selected.

Am i missing something obvious to make this work? i attempt to do this by clicking on tactics tab on the left, then Set Pieces tab at the top, then i go into the drop down menus throws in, free kicks etc from there, assuming this is the place to make the change

It's my bad :)  It only works when there is a player in that position. So the answer is no to both of your questions.

Archived