Can Your Own Manager Preferred Formation Change? Is It Dynamic

At the start of a new save, we have the option to select our preferred formation on our manager profile. Over time, can this change if we spend more time playing a totally different primary tactic?

Are our profile's formation preferences dynamic and how long does it take to change?

If yes, what kind of impact would this have? For example, could it mean your players learn a formation quicker if the manager is more fluent in how it works (perhaps in combination with the tactical knowledge attribute)?

Does anyone know definitively how this works and what the in-game consequences are?

Thanks! 😀

6 hours ago, MBarbaric said:

have no idea about the impact but the formation changes and has been at least from fm16.

Thank you.

I switched to a 3-5-2-0 from my original 4-3-3 Wide to create a fairly successful man-oriented zonal press, which tends to work better with 3 central players in both the defence & midfield stratas (due to wide midfielder positioning issues and the difficulty in getting a CM(d)/DM pivote-type to drop into the defensive line, but only when a centre back moves out to press).

I don't often change the original shape of the formation I set out to use in the beginning of a save so wasn't sure if this would be replicated in the game world going forward.

Appreciate the insight. :thup:

Archived