Ballon D'Or nominee

Have one of your players ever been able to win this trophy? In the recent years I have won 4 domestic leagues and 4 champions league but my players are not even shortlisted to win. One year my ST has also been Champions League goalscorer.

It's purely based on reputation (and possibly average rating)

Obviously it'll be hard to break the Messi/Ronaldo stranglehold on it until they retire
Although I have seen some randoms make the top 3 when their nation won the World Cup (I had Gino Perruzzi and Sergio Aguero finish top 3 when Argentina won the WC, obviously behind Messi)

I don't think it's purely on reputation. When you're an international manager you can vote on the Ballon D'Or 

All the national team captains also get to vote. 

Journalists from each country also get a vote (1 journalist per nation) as I understand it. 

It is also based on the players professionalism and behaviour on the pitch and off the pitch. (Meaning if your player is picking up yellow/red cards more frequently it's unlikely to put them into the fold - think of Luis Suarez, his performances should put him up there, but his behaviour on the pitch (biting players) is what stops him from getting nominated etc.)

Since 2008 - the title has swapped between Messi and Ronaldo. 

That's 9 years the two players have been top 2 in the world, with space for just 1 more person in the top 3. 

Your players not being nominated may come down to a few things, the National team not performing well, their on pitch behaviour and off pitch (I remember before I would get messages of best players at the club being seen at nightclubs etc.), your club reputation/league reputation, and probably a few other things.

I am playing as Milan and now in 2027. In eleven seasons, three of my players has won the Ballon d'Or. During this time, we won the league 10 times, the Europa League 2 times, and the Champions League 4 times.

• On the first season, Kylian Mbappe won the award while playing for Monaco. Then Messi won it 3 times in a row, before Kevin De Bruyne snagged one in 2021.
  • At the start of the 2022 season, I brought Mbappe to Milan for a world record transfer of £95m + Felipe Anderson (worth £30m). Mbappe then went on to won the Ballon for the second time, this time at Milan, while helping us win the the UEFA Europa League.  Milan's Franck Kessie was runner up for 2022.
  • In 2023 my star striker Lukaku won it as Milan won the Champions League.
  • De Bruyne went to won it again in 2024, followed by Dybala in 2025 (my player Thomas Lemar was runner up in both 2024 & 2025; poor guy).
  • In 2026, my winger Ousmane Dembele won the Ballon d'Or while we won the Champions League again. While the runner up, Rafa Moreno, was the understudy of Mbappe in Milan before I sold him for £90m.

Ronaldo retired in 2023 and Messi in 2024.

Ballon d'Or winners:

image.thumb.png.aa839c02df5373d6bb5e3dbea6d7829a.png

My overall best eleven:

image.thumb.png.ae4f7a56ea5b60db5258a9d29871de25.png

I think it's funny that my center back Romagnoli never scored a single goal in 11 years, while Niklas Sule scored 22 in 7 years.

Archived