drag and drop/visuals for player marking/opp instructions

birdman16

This is a small idea that could be implemented that I think everyone would be onboard for.

Now that FM18 let's us activetely ask players to mark specific positions instead of players, it will give us better control over how to set up a defensive formation or that is what I hope.

Anyway, It would be nice to be able to set up opp instructions while having an option to see an overlay of where your current players are positioned

What I'm asking for is to give us an interactive look for setting up opp and marking instructions. Have it so that you can see both players from both teams on the same instruction pitch screen and let us literally drag and drop players onto opposition players or positions. Maybe add some markers to show who is specifically marked, shown onto weaker foot to help see the bigger picture. Like if I say to show messi onto his right foot, maybe put two little feet under his circle with the left foot x'd out.

While we're at it, would be nice if you can specify opp instructions to individual players on your team. Example, I can ask my LB to mark the opp ARM to be shown onto his right foot to stop crosses, stand off closing down to keep him contained while I ask my CM to close down and tackle harder.

I think this kind of interactiveness would really help out when trying to come up with opp. Instructions since you'd be able to compare it to your own formation and it would give us much more control over our defensive phases

• 1 month later...

Archived