Club takeover

Woho

I was just thinking how to make those saves where you are winning everything interesting again and I just though of when you've earned like 100k-150k a week for several years you should be able to spent that money in some way. Today the only use of the money you earn is that it increases your job security, which is pretty useless as long as you deliver the expected results. Imagine if you could take over your own low tier club after a decade or two in the top of European football. Give them some fresh equity and start up from the bottom as both manager and owner. In contrast to "Create a club mode" you will take over a real excisting club and there shouldnt be any legal issues regarding the feature as pretty much everyone with money can buy their own football club today. I'm thinking of like a setting you can tick of a box in the My Profile or something to get a notification everytime a club in in question of being taken over, or struggling due to bad finances. Then you can join the negotiations with the clubs where you have enough money, both to buy it and to run it for x numbers of years.

To quote Neil Brock:

If you've raised something in the wishlist thread it will have already been checked, but it doesn't hurt to raise it here as well.

Unless of course it's a request for the game to become 'Football Chairman', allow the manager to spend their own money or to do any other task a Football Manager simply would never do. 

You are not the first user to suggest this, and you will not be the last, but this will never be in FM. In real life, elite football managers simply do not buy out lower-league clubs.

• 2 weeks later...

Since I am a FM player that like to start in lower division and build a team up and never seen the point with me accepting a huge salary to just drain the clubs money without any perks for me, I really like this idea. 

That would give me the motivation to get a good contract as a manager, and I could get a 2nd challenge in a late game and restart the game inside the game.  For me it sounds like an amazing new feature. 

I have another idea how to utilize the money you earn as a virtual manager in FM. I would make some kind of a online ranking of who earned the most throughout their career. Such ranking should take into account which club had been managed in order not to discriminated lower league managers and managers from around the world. So maybe an avarage % of wage budget through career or something like that. Data could be collected and processed online. And the best part could be that the winner of the ranking receive free copy of next Football Manager from SI. I believe that this reward will encourage player to really negotiate their contracts in the game. I dont know if this idea was already invented, maybe i would start a new topic on this.

• 1 month later...

Archived