Football Manager Early Access Beta *Official* Feedback Thread - 18.0.3

Message added by Neil Brock

If you have constructive feedback please post it in this thread.

If you have something you think is wrong or a bug, please raise it in the relevant section of the bugs forum

https://community.sigames.com/forum/563-football-manager-2018-early-access-beta-bugs-forum/

This will be the surest way anything that you notice or that bothers you can be addressed. Thanks.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, SmurfDude said:
  • Too many injuries. It's rare to go a week without at least one injury. 
  • UI is slow and unresponsive
  • I've had two matches where I didn't record a single shot (not even off target) how's that even possible? That's never happened on any version of FM ever. 

The UI and injuries were fine in FM17. Why change things for the sake of it? You just end up breaking stuff that was previously working. 

Injuries are 80% of real life levels. 

So if anything they are actually too low. If you have specific issues, raise them in the relevant bug areas with saves. It's the only way they will get looked at. 

@michaeltmurrayuk any chance the split view on tactics screen will also be available for lower display resolution on release day? I also have an issue with screenshots taken from my game as they all look like the picture below (never had this issue with past FM editions), does it have to do with resolution as well? Is there a way to solve this?

59f31dc8a375d_ACFFiorentina_Knowledge.thumb.png.35020b112013ffa37d445802df484a02.png.fc34807682a5e067f7e533932f899186.png

And btw is there a way to disable scouting meetings as I seem to have one every day?

1 hour ago, Wavelberry said:

Not even Jonathan Wilson would tweet like this

50e08491d0c9c959cb316a7878a108dc.png

Just goes to show the lack of attention to detail by SI and that sooooo many areas of the game have been untouched for years. SI needs competition. 

22 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Probably worth raising on the match engine bugs forum if you think there's an issue. Thanks.

I did that yesterday (albeit on a different account as I was on my phone) and got no replies. I really don't think it's acceptable to show animated ad boards in 2d given you can see all of them simultaneously, it becomes ridiculously distracting when there's severe colour changes. You also don't have the excuse like you have in 3d that it makes the game feel more realistic. I paid £38 for this game, I don't want flashing banner ads every time I play a game

• Administrators
27 minutes ago, 71834 said:

I did that yesterday (albeit on a different account as I was on my phone) and got no replies. I really don't think it's acceptable to show animated ad boards in 2d given you can see all of them simultaneously, it becomes ridiculously distracting when there's severe colour changes. You also don't have the excuse like you have in 3d that it makes the game feel more realistic. I paid £38 for this game, I don't want flashing banner ads every time I play a game

Okay but please bear in mind we're working through the posts and everything else, not to mention it's outside of normal working hours. We appreciate people taking the time to post and we will try and respond as soon as we can where appropriate. Thanks. 

• Administrators
18 minutes ago, upthetoon said:

The UI is an absolute nightmare.. They need to get it fixed hopefully. 

This is the kind of feedback which isn't really helpful. We really could do with specific examples of things you think are unintuitive or not working as you think they should, ideally raised on the UI Bugs Forum here - https://community.sigames.com/forum/567-user-interface/

Thanks. 

1 minute ago, martplfc1 said:

Any reason why my BWM, having close down much more in addition to the general TI of close down more, just stands there not actually closing down? :rolleyes:

Hard to say. As is my standard response: log things you have doubts about in the match engine section:

3 hours ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Concusssions at their worst can end careers, so having them potentially put players out for weeks or months depending on the severity is accurate.  

A viral infection isn't one generic illness. Could be any thing from something mild to some serious. They've just given it an all encompassing name 

Just to be clear: I did not say anything about a viral infection. It simply said "out with a cold for 4 weeks". It was KUBI who suggested that the "cold" could actually be a viral infection.

Just now, thermo said:

Just to be clear: I did not say anything about a viral infection. It simply said "out with a cold for 4 weeks". It was KUBI who suggested that the "cold" could actually be a viral infection.

If they've got a viral infection, then tell us that - a doctor could quite easily say as much.  Nobody has a cold for 4 weeks.

2 minutes ago, martplfc1 said:

If they've got a viral infection, then tell us that - a doctor could quite easily say as much.  Nobody has a cold for 4 weeks.

Thank you. That's what I have been complaining about since last night. There is a bug with injury durations which no one wants to acknowledge.

10 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Just checked and yes Background pictures will display behind the pinned widgets which is the same behaviour as FM17 (as they only showed on the split view in FM17) - In the above screenshot it will be visible everywhere but in the middle bit where the pitch is. (though the default skins aren't that transparent so custom skins will likely be needed again).

Again if you cannot recreate your views from FM17 best thing to do is raise the issue in the bugs forum with a detailed description and screenshots if possible of how you had it set up in FM17 so any tweaks can be made if possible.

Thank you. Will give it a go soon! :)

5 minutes ago, thermo said:

Thank you. That's what I have been complaining about since last night. There is a bug with injury durations which no one wants to acknowledge.

Why don't you post it in the bugs forum and provide a save game? It's pointless to repeat it here in the feedback thread.

https://community.sigames.com/forum/579-medical-centre-and-training/

1 minute ago, KUBI said:

Why don't you post it in the bugs forum and provide a save game? It's pointless to repeat it here in the feedback thread.

https://community.sigames.com/forum/579-medical-centre-and-training/

As I already posted above, I already have provided a saved game. Anyway, no more complaining about this issue in this thread. I promise :)

28 minutes ago, martplfc1 said:

Colds can last anywhere from a few days to a couple of weeks.

25 minutes ago, thermo said:

Have you reported it in the bugs forum?

I had a player out with a cold last night but the injury duration was 3 days I think, certainly not four weeks.

Besides though its simply a tag with a name and an injury length, nothing major, either the duration needs adjusting or the description does.

• SI Staff
9 hours ago, Rubentus_Juventus said:

There's a ridiculous amount of poor crosses from wide with the GK having to tap it over for a corner. The commentary being 'he might struggle to claim he meant that''. I've had an average of about 3-4 a game half way into the season now.

Get it reported in our ME section along with illustrative PKMs  :thup:

Just now, Seb Wassell said:

Get it reported in our ME section along with illustrative PKMs  :thup:

I second this. Problem is, it's been happening excessively on every iteration for years. Not sure there's much point in reporting it when it's such an obvious problem that hasn't been addressed for ages.

• SI Staff
5 hours ago, thermo said:

I can accept that the frequency thing is simply bad fortune. But the durations? Concussion out for 3 weeks? Cold out for 4 weeks? This does not make sense! And please don't tell me if the player is a from a lower league or if the physios are not good this could happen. It is Hatem Ben Arfa we are talking about. And the physios have all physiotherapy stats higher than 15.

Concussion out for 3 weeks is fine. There are FA guidelines on how long a player must take out, as an enforced absence, following a concussion. Concussions are not taken seriously enough in reality far too often.

A cold out for 4 weeks would be a bug. Please post your save here - https://community.sigames.com/forum/579-medical-centre-and-training/

• SI Staff
43 minutes ago, thermo said:

If you have an issue, please report it in the appropriate place,  that being here - https://community.sigames.com/forum/579-medical-centre-and-training/ - otherwise we cannot investigate.

Been playing since CM93 and every year it takes time to get used to new features and layouts. Much i love about this year's version so far. However, this year there are a few things that are not quite on point... 

- 2D - If the traditional one is gone, why do we need so much real estate dedicated to a roof on 2D classic? And those flashing advertising boards are an eyesore.
- CAPS
- Team Talks - the unnecessary clicking is making match day a laborious process.
- Scouting - surely there should be an  option to get certain reports direct into your inbox rather than the 'scouting meeting' - what manager would wait for a meeting to find out about a player
- Contract/Transfer negotiation - why do the wages/transfer fees etc seem almost greyed out?
- Matchday - The in-match tactics view when making a substitution or tactical change is clunky and lacks the detail you need to help you make the right decisions. The 'tactics' screen is yet another click away...

Some of the new features have definitely taken the game forward, IF SI iron out some of the other issues this will be a massive leap forward from FM17.

• SI Staff
6 minutes ago, MBarbaric said:

could you elaborate please? after all, such a fundamental concept for the game should be absolutely clear.

You would be best asking such questions of the ME team. But briefly, the formation is simply the starting/average position during the match, where the players move from here in terms of attacking and defensive shape is heavily defined by their roles.

1 minute ago, Seb Wassell said:

You would be best asking such questions of the ME team. But briefly, the formation is simply the starting/average position during the match, where the players move from here in terms of attacking and defensive shape is heavily defined by their roles.

thanks

It is awesome.

I think the match graphics are better.

I think the ability to set up different tactics before the match to take effect if different scenarios occur during the match is really cool.

I am still learning the scouting system but I think it seems more realistic than last year. It looks like your scout goes to a particular match each day to get scouting reports and doesn't just provide a report for hundreds of players after being in a country a couple of days. 

Very impressed.

Well after getting some more hours into fm18, I quite like the new layout and have got used to all the new things you can and have to do, obviously there are a few little issues, for example mine glitches every now and then, but this is the beta after all, the few extra clicks you have to do are kind of tedious but not much of an issue for me.

The whole matchday layout is fine for me, it is however very slow and clunky during the match and when wanting to make subs or change tactics, I'm putting that more down to my laptop or it being the beta more than anything, so will put up with it until the full release and see if its any better after that.

The 1 thing I really don't like though and would criticize is the set piece screen, which for me is awful, where fm17 was really simple and easily to set up a list of set piece takers and the order you want them, fm18 makes it so much more difficult than it needs to be to do this, by only showing enough space for the 1st set piece taker. This may only be a small part of the game, but when its made difficult to set up the set piece takers it is very annoying.

But overall I'm happy with the game, like the layout and will happily sink 100s of hours in again this year.

Edited by sedge11

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, Galvin's Left Peg said:

Just to clarify, I cannot order the disk version anywhere and play the beta version?

No, the beta is available only with digital purchases from participating retailers. 

• SI Staff
7 hours ago, frank_olaf said:

The best way to replicate this in FM18 is to set your scouting preferences (Go to Scouting Centre then click on preferences) to receive scout reports every day.

Unfortunately, this means you'll get a blank email on days when there is no scouting report.

I miss being able to get each individual scouting report as a separate inbox message, like in FM17. Hopefully this can be brought back. 

If you are getting blank scouting centre meetings then that's a bug, if there aren't any scout reports then the scouting meeting news item shouldn't get generated.